Nurses forum group degrades UPS drivers and our salary

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He is not a pos, but it is the drivers responsibility to make sure he has all the tools necessary to do the job before he leaves the building.

This cannot be the first time it has rained in this drivers career.

It is drivers like this that make management act even worse to everyone else. One driver can affect how management treats every other driver.

Choose your bwttles wisely.

Whoops. Typo.

Meant to say choose your battles wisely.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have a driver who's wife makes 300K a year. He does the driver gig to stay busy. Because he doesn't need this job he rides the :censored2: out of management. Screams at them. Files 10+ grievances at a time. One day it was pouring rain. He stops the truck and calls in to request a raincoat because he wasn't provided the tools to do his job. He sat there for 2 hours until the rain died down. Wish I didn't need the money lol

I could think of a hundred easier jobs to do if all he is looking for is to stay busy. I don't think he is telling you the whole truth.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I could think of a hundred easier jobs to do if all he is looking for is to stay busy. I don't think he is telling you the whole truth.
In my case, I invested too much time not to see it through until retirement. Plus I want the kids to have a much better start in life with every opportunity and no debt.

Plus I do like my job with certain aspects.

Observer

Most nurses are arrogant. Sorry but they are not overworked. I'd like to see them go out and deliver in the extreme cold and heat.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You're wrong. I'd like to see you try to be an ER nurse.
This a bit short sided as a comment. I'm sorry but there's a huge difference between an ER Nurse and labor and delivery nurse for example. That's like trying to say all helicopter pilots have the same level of stress. Obviously a Coast Gaurd Search and resue pilot has a much more stressful job then the traffic report pilot.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
This a bit short sided as a comment. I'm sorry but there's a huge difference between an ER Nurse and labor and delivery nurse for example. That's like trying to say all helicopter pilots have the same level of stress. Obviously a Coast Gaurd Search and resue pilot has a much more stressful job then the traffic report pilot.

Are you really responding to me? This is more appropriate if directed at the comment I was responding to.

I agree that "nurse" can apply to a broad category of nursing jobs, some with less stress than others. I have RNs in my family and I have a lot of respect for what they do. My mom is an ER nurse and that job can be downright brutal.

The original comment made no distinction, just said nurses are arrogant and not overworked. As a whole, I'd say that is incorrect.

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Lol...no
Are you really responding to me? This is more appropriate if directed at the comment I was responding to.

I agree that "nurse" can apply to a broad category of nursing jobs, some with less stress than others. I have RNs in my family and I have a lot of respect for what they do. My mom is an ER nurse and that job can be downright brutal.

The original comment made no distinction, just said nurses are arrogant and not overworked. As a whole, I'd say that is incorrect.
Lol...I just think that not all nurses have the same level of stress. This is what happen when old threads come out for air.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Both jobs at times be very stressful. But to be honest, a nurses stress may be more emotional than anything. Look at it through our shoes. If you've ever been to an ER,ICU or telemetry you can see what they do. Nurses never ever ever work at the pace that we have to. If UPS ran a hospital, one nurse would be constantly running around keeping track of 20 patients per hour lol. 24+ if you're a runner and gunner. Warning letter if you fall behind 5 patients or more. So.. yea we earn our money. Most of us would die from boredom if we were nurses. Also, the nurses that probably work the hardest are the ones at dialysis centers.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Personally this isn't about my point. It's more of a disagreement with the previous posters point. So what's your point?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My point is unless you are a nurse, your argument is short sided and ignorant.
Interesting, so it's ignorant for me to clearly see with my own two eyes that there are various nursing positions requiring various levels of training and experience and then stating that. Well if that's short sided and ignorant then color me red cause I'm guilty as hell.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
The whole point of this thread was a thread created by a short sided and ignorant nurse who thinks they can just jump right in a package car and do any route because they are a nurse. I read that stupid thread and even a former UPS driver turned RN stated his experience to set that OP straight. I have respect for nurses as I know a bunch of people in various medical jobs but some nurses on that thread think they are calling the shots like they are a doctor and trying to degrade UPS drivers for what.

MAKAVELI

Interesting, so it's ignorant for me to clearly see with my own two eyes that there are various nursing positions requiring various levels of training and experience and then stating that. Well if that's short sided and ignorant then color me red cause I'm guilty as hell.
Unless you have done the job, yes it is short sided and ignorant. Just like someone who's never been a PC driver saying its the same as a USPS mail carrier.