O r i o n ????$$$$

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dre1, Mar 22, 2013.

1. dre1

dre1 New Member

those of you on the orion system has it affected your pay?? if so by how much weekly??about to get it soon just getting prepared thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy-very:
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Pack a double lunch.
  3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

How could it affect your pay??????
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

More BS + longer hours = bigger paychecks.
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

The route I do does 75 miles. I ran Orion yesterday and went 95 miles. Their mistakes make me money every time.
  6. barnyard

Exactly. What is there to prepare for????

I do not understand the OPs question.

Unless he/she just started driving yesterday, he/she ought to know that any efficiencies that UPS thinks will be gained will only result in more stops per car, not less hours per driver.

7. dre1

dre1 New Member

My badd should have directed this question to bonus drivers duhhhhh!!!
  8. barnyard

Maybe ask a mod to retitle this thread, "For runners and lunch skippers only."

QKRSTKR Active Member

Now your talking. Bye, bye bonus. Some guys still get it. Not many. I went from running scratch to .50 under to over +.50 to +.80 ish. Good thing I'm almost out of packages for good, can't wait till annual feeder bids. Woooo hoooo.

(Come on Dracula, don't rain on my parade telling me how bad feeders has gotten just in time for my arrival) :funny:
  10. cino321

cino321 Active Member

I want them to implement that system in a urban setting.
  11. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

They will and it will suck just as bad as it does anywhere else. They're desperately trying to remove the skill from our skilled positions. They're selling it as a tool to reduce mileage, but it's way more than that...

Reminds me of when they implemented telematics. "This is a tool for automotive. They'll be able tell when something's wrong with your car before you do!" Uh huh...
  12. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Any savings that could potentially be realized thru the use of the new program will be totally negated by the stupid and counterproductive decisions we will be expected to make in order to generate the arbitrary 85% compliance metric that IE will be demanding. We are UPS; we dont pursue excellence, we pursue metrics.
  13. DainGrant

DainGrant New Member

I make money everyday because of the bs and improper planning, short staffed but yet still they send drivers home..smh
  14. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Our safety-wonk (the one that sits all day in the building grading quizes and coming up with new acronyms) was talking to one of the Orion guys, and he was told that at some point there will either be a heads-up display or and earpiece with turn-by-turn directions.

Can you say major distraction?
  15. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Wearing headphones while driving is illegal in my state.

Even if it weren't...there is no way in hell I would wear an ear bud and listen to directions on how to do my job.

QKRSTKR Active Member

your now behind the times. Trying to get our centers up to 90% as a whole. 85% wasn't good enough, too many drivers hitting it.
  17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Does it reduce your miles or increase them. If you follow it 100% is it like getting free money??
  18. Crazy Diamond

Allow me to give you a quick synopsis of ORION brother. You got 12 stops in a subdivision. Good ole' mileage reducin' Orion will have you go into tha neighborhood, run a couple stops, leave to run another subdivision, only to come back to the previous subdivision to runs stops on streets you were already on.

When you arrive in the morning, you can look at your Orion solution in detail complete with every stop plotted on a map and an estimated mileage solution. Having said that, looking at the map detail, I have seen where Orion would send you ACROSS a large body of fresh water or through impassable forests.

Once, I cornered one of the Orion monkeys and showed him the fruits of his labor. This run shot a guy clear across a lake. "This would be pretty good if we had pontoons and an outboard on the car, huh?" His response? "Huh huh, yeah." I reply, "So, taking the paved route would increase my mileage hence, putting me over the solution?" His response? "Yes." He did however console me by telling me that I could always come to him with such lunacy and he could fix it.

Wait a second, I'm being paid to drop em off and pick em up. You're being paid to "fix it". Business Development is being paid to develop the business. Preload is paid to ensure the right packages land on the right cars. Somehow, I'm (and thousands of others like me) are responsible for tieing all this tomfoolery together to turn chicken :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: into chicken salad. And I'm the overpaid prick that's the problem?

Orion is a rudimentary tool to help scabs do our jobs. The foundation has been laid. Is it outlandish to think they're ready to take us on? Do they want a strike? Are they counting on the fact that the most people will not support us? Will they use the loss of customers and employees to seek some sort if government bailout? Would they use such an opportunity to restructure and copy Fred's model? Am I crazy?

I dunno, they show me crazy everyday. Why would I put anything past these fuggers?
  19. Crazy Diamond

Apologies in advance for the typos, iPad is not my friend : /
  20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The problem with using Fred's model (at Fred's pay scale) is their are a limited number of people willing to do that work for that price.

If ups thinks they can micromanage like they do now and pay people $15 an hour. All I have to say is. Lol

Same thing happened in Louisville this year. Many companies moved there to be close to worldport. They couldn't find employees to do the job because they had a limited pool of people for that work at that price point.

Ups has many drivers with degrees that chose ups because they paid more. Lose that advantage and lose a ton of employees while pulling from a smaller pool.