Obama care

MAKAVELI

You republicans need to get off your high horse and come down to reality. Every person needs help at some point in their life and anyone who says they haven't is full of ****. That's what most of these programs are for . Do some take advantage or use these programs when they don't need to? Of course but that doesn't make the person who truly needs help any less of a person. Contrary to belief, not every person who accepts some sort of public aide is a leach on the system. The truth is no person is truly self made. I think it is funny that some of you are throwing this propaganda out there that Obama care is going to control your personal healthcare but are so quick to say people who don't have insurance through there employer should have to wait to see a doctor unless they are having a heart attack, in a car accident, or shot. My mother who has passed away after a long courageous battle with cancer did not discover the cancer until many years after it was growing because she couldn't afford the tests at the time. So anyone who says healthcare for everyone is not important obviously has not gone through a life threatening illness or injury.

bbsam

Staff member
Why would I have to. I worked hard for what I have, made good money, been employeed for over 28 years, never have had an injury, good health, never leached the system. I wouldn't consider myself a libertarian. Just strong with my faith. I have only one leader and he is all around me. But I know what is right from wrong and people who sponge off the system and want more and more are wrong. Kids these days do not want to do what most of us have done all of our lives. They dont have work ethics. My grandfather was an amazing man, a black man, that paid his way thru college in the 30's later to become a very well known professor at a large university. He taught people how to use their resources, growing sugar cane crops, making thier own money and standing on their own two feet. Helping their economy grow.
Well I would hardly say you have pulled yourself up by your bootstraps then. Work may have been hard, but the opportunity was there. Not that easy anymore and just seeing how Fedex has changed should illustrate that.

vantexan

You republicans need to get off your high horse and come down to reality. Every person needs help at some point in their life and anyone who says they haven't is full of ****. That's what most of these programs are for . Do some take advantage or use these programs when they don't need to? Of course but that doesn't make the person who truly needs help any less of a person. Contrary to belief, not every person who accepts some sort of public aide is a leach on the system. The truth is no person is truly self made. I think it is funny that some of you are throwing this propaganda out there that Obama care is going to control your personal healthcare but are so quick to say people who don't have insurance through there employer should have to wait to see a doctor unless they are having a heart attack, in a car accident, or shot. My mother who has passed away after a long courageous battle with cancer did not discover the cancer until many years after it was growing because she couldn't afford the tests at the time. So anyone who says healthcare for everyone is not important obviously has not gone through a life threatening illness or injury.

Sorry for your loss. If there was a way to give everyone good basic care I'd be all for it. But unfortunately we are up against a literal fiscal cliff and we now have to make hard choices. Unfortunately few are willing to listen to that but it's true. If we don't get the spending under control the quality of life as we know it for most of us will be greatly reduced.

vantexan

Here's the deal. No matter how hard 99.999% of all ants work, they're never going to be Mitt Romney or Fred S. Both had enormous advantages at birth, as do most of the "self-made" entrepreneurs the GOP likes to point at as examples of the Horatio Alger principle at work. This same class of people also have other advantages over the rest of us...going to prep schools, having Mommy and Daddy pay for college, room and board etc.

I have a relative who grew-up wealthy, had all of his education paid for at a fine school, and was presented with a fully paid-for $900,000 home when he got married. Oh, and his wife came from money too. As far as I know, he doesn't know how to operate a hand shovel or mow his own lawn. Think that's an advantage over the rest of us? Nah.

How about the immigrant working 3 jobs just to make ends meet? At 7-8 bucks per hour, they will never get ahead. They just exist, as part of the underclass that the upper class requires to do it's work and provide profits. The fallacy of capitalism is that it absolutely requires this underclass, making my point that even if everyone worked 3 jobs and started a small business etc, there just aren't enough worker ants left to make it work for them. Add-in factors like racism, sexism, and a political and legal sytem tilted in the favor of the rich, and what do you get? The status quo.

Capitalism is still better than the alternatives, but the Republicans really have their heads up their asses when it comes to being based in reality.

Hey van, you're just not working hard enough to be a "success". When you truly embrace GOP principles, you'll be a millionaire too. Sure..when pigs fly.

Who needs to be a millionaire? Is success measured by big houses, expensive cars, jetsetting vacations? By who's definition? If you can feed, clothe, educate your children, put a decent roof over their heads, take them on camping trips or just to the movies then in my book you've achieved great success. Making memories with happy, healthy children is more important than material possessions in my opinion. Envying others for what they own just leads to frustration. Having a decent life does require some money, because life isn't much fun when you're struggling. But there's a point where people lose sight of what's truly important when they're dissatisfied with their perfectly fine home or car and think if only they had that $80k car or that beautiful home in that exclusive neighborhood. Life is too short to worry about such things IMO.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Who needs to be a millionaire? Is success measured by big houses, expensive cars, jetsetting vacations? By who's definition? If you can feed, clothe, educate your children, put a decent roof over their heads, take them on camping trips or just to the movies then in my book you've achieved great success. Making memories with happy, healthy children is more important than material possessions in my opinion. Envying others for what they own just leads to frustration. Having a decent life does require some money, because life isn't much fun when you're struggling. But there's a point where people lose sight of what's truly important when they're dissatisfied with their perfectly fine home or car and think if only they had that $80k car or that beautiful home in that exclusive neighborhood. Life is too short to worry about such things IMO.

You are a reasonable Republican with a brain. That makes you different from the norm.

vantexan

Obama ...self-made, and definitely not from money. Kennedys were not self-made but have dedicated (and given) their lives to public service. I don't care how many women JFK, RFK, and Teddy had sex with....they were on the side of the people.

Apparently JFK, RFK, and Teddy were on the sides of a lot of people, LOL!!

vantexan

You are a reasonable Republican with a brain. That makes you different from the norm.

That's nice of you to say but I think you'd find that most Republicans are just hard working people who want to keep what they've earned so that they can take care of their families. They neither want to have a large % of their income taken to be given to others who don't share their work ethic nor do they want to see that subset of Republicans who exploit large groups of people to enrich themselves(the true leeches of the world in my opinion).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's nice of you to say but I think you'd find that most Republicans are just hard working people who want to keep what they've earned so that they can take care of their families. They neither want to have a large % of their income taken to be given to others who don't share their work ethic nor do they want to see that subset of Republicans who exploit large groups of people to enrich themselves(the true leeches of the world in my opinion).

I understand your sentiments. I come from a family of rabid Republicans, so I hear the story all the time. Fred S is GOP, and the perfect example of a Republican on steroids. I cannot fathom how anyone who works a blue collar job could be a Republican, but it takes all kinds to make a world. right?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
While I'm a former flag waving Republican I am far from a Democrat as well. Obamacare is not healthcare...Obamacare is not healthcare...Obamacare is not healthcare. It's the ability to get insurance...in fact it's a demand to get insurance. If you don't, you will be taxed. If you're poor, you have tax credits to offset the penalty. If you choose to not have healthcare and pay the penalty you can. There's no death panel like the talking heads love to throw out. It's a panel of 15 people who are doctors, insurance advisers (also med doctors), and some politicians who's only job is to find inconsistencies in payments, streamline the process to save money by being efficient, and to cut out as many middlemen as possible to reduce fees. They don't sit in judgement on what care can be offered because that is VERY illegal and against the Hippocratic Oath. I don't like Obamacare because it is in essence and now in practice after the supreme court ruling a tax. But at least I dislike it for what it is and not for the fantasy that both sides throw it out there to be. Please read up on what it is so you can make a truthful choice in whether to yay or nay Obamacare. I think it's important to decide on facts and not fabrications.

Goldilocks

Exactly how I feel....Nice post....

Goldilocks

Sorry about your mom.

Goldilocks

I understand your sentiments. I come from a family of rabid Republicans, so I hear the story all the time. Fred S is GOP, and the perfect example of a Republican on steroids. I cannot fathom how anyone who works a blue collar job could be a Republican, but it takes all kinds to make a world. right?

Let me ask you, did you feel like a " Blue Collar Worker" when you first started with Fedex? Bet your answer is no. Maybe now we do but we had so much pride about working for this company. I did up until I joined this Forum and many of you opened my eyes. Money was great, enough for a nice life, food on the table, roof over our heads, a car and money set back for retirement. Federal Express was like our right arm. FS made us feel like we the couriers were the most important part of his company. I understand now why you feel the way you do. Only those of us that have been around a long time could understand.

Republicans and Democrats alike have greedy people with no value to the meaning of life. They are all about the big race to the top, fame and fortune. Wonder what their last thoughts would be if they were in a plane that was about to take a nose dive. Money, Fame, Power or What could I have done different in my life, my family my God. My daughter is a Doctor in the Airforce and she recently had a very wealthy patient dying alone in his room. No family around. He grabbed her hand and looked her in the eyes and said, "I'm Scared", he later died that evening by himself. She has also seen many young people coming back from war with blown off lims, sent to Walter Reed Hospital. This hospital was pitiful and negelected. I believe, quote me if I am wrong that during the Bush administration, the hospital had a total makeover and many chief officers were fired. It scares me to think that the Democrates want to cut our military spending when these young people, mainly from poor economic backgrounds are fighting for our country and scarifice their lives and deserver more than these fat a## running our country.

bbsam

Staff member

Chumpy

While I'm a former flag waving Republican I am far from a Democrat as well. Obamacare is not healthcare...Obamacare is not healthcare...Obamacare is not healthcare. It's the ability to get insurance...in fact it's a demand to get insurance. If you don't, you will be taxed. If you're poor, you have tax credits to offset the penalty. If you choose to not have healthcare and pay the penalty you can. There's no death panel like the talking heads love to throw out. It's a panel of 15 people who are doctors, insurance advisers (also med doctors), and some politicians who's only job is to find inconsistencies in payments, streamline the process to save money by being efficient, and to cut out as many middlemen as possible to reduce fees. They don't sit in judgement on what care can be offered because that is VERY illegal and against the Hippocratic Oath. I don't like Obamacare because it is in essence and now in practice after the supreme court ruling a tax. But at least I dislike it for what it is and not for the fantasy that both sides throw it out there to be. Please read up on what it is so you can make a truthful choice in whether to yay or nay Obamacare. I think it's important to decide on facts and not fabrications.
It's a panel of 15 people who are doctors and insurance advisors who are also doctors? Who then pays thses insurance advisor doctos? Insurance companies? If that's the case,then what do those insurance decide for? Kind of like Beau Biden saying his father,Jumpin' Joe Biden, did great in the VP debate!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's a panel of 15 people who are doctors and insurance advisors who are also doctors? Who then pays thses insurance advisor doctos? Insurance companies? If that's the case,then what do those insurance decide for? Kind of like Beau Biden saying his father,Jumpin' Joe Biden, did great in the VP debate!
If they are being paid to save billions in Medicare/Medicaid/New Exchange and they save billions like their forecasted to then it's money well spent don't you think? And the debates for the VP is purely a personal opinion. I personally thought that Biden did fine. He was well within his known character and the job of the VP is to be the attack dog of the campaign. In that he excelled. I thought that Paul Ryan did just fine as well. He stuck to his talking points and was more of the polite of the two. I personally find it amusing that during the first presidential debate Obama was criticized for being calm, polite, and sticking to the talking points while Romney was praised for being aggressive and attacking however in the VP debate it was the exact opposite for Ryan and Biden! Not picking on Dems or Reps, but that is funny right there and I don't care who you!