Obama care

vantexan

But, my fiscally minded friend, that is the most expensive way to go about it.

The cost of putting the burden on everyone to pay for the few is much greater than paying for the occasional gunshot wound or car accident. And many of those do have insurance through work. Not to mention we will give up a degree of control over our healthcare decisions with Obamacare.

bbsam

Staff member
The cost of putting the burden on everyone to pay for the few is much greater than paying for the occasional gunshot wound or car accident. And many of those do have insurance through work. Not to mention we will give up a degree of control over our healthcare decisions with Obamacare.

Wrong. Prevention like a colonoscopy is far, far cheaper than saying treating colon cancer.

vantexan

Wrong. Prevention like a colonoscopy is far, far cheaper than saying treating colon cancer.

Our work insurance covers colonoscopies. Most people have that through their job unless they work for an outfit that doesn't offer insurance. Hmmm...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is the problem. They need to provide their own bootstraps...... There are worker ants and those ants that get eaten....We must learn to provide for ourselves.

Here's the deal. No matter how hard 99.999% of all ants work, they're never going to be Mitt Romney or Fred S. Both had enormous advantages at birth, as do most of the "self-made" entrepreneurs the GOP likes to point at as examples of the Horatio Alger principle at work. This same class of people also have other advantages over the rest of us...going to prep schools, having Mommy and Daddy pay for college, room and board etc.

I have a relative who grew-up wealthy, had all of his education paid for at a fine school, and was presented with a fully paid-for $900,000 home when he got married. Oh, and his wife came from money too. As far as I know, he doesn't know how to operate a hand shovel or mow his own lawn. Think that's an advantage over the rest of us? Nah.

How about the immigrant working 3 jobs just to make ends meet? At 7-8 bucks per hour, they will never get ahead. They just exist, as part of the underclass that the upper class requires to do it's work and provide profits. The fallacy of capitalism is that it absolutely requires this underclass, making my point that even if everyone worked 3 jobs and started a small business etc, there just aren't enough worker ants left to make it work for them. Add-in factors like racism, sexism, and a political and legal sytem tilted in the favor of the rich, and what do you get? The status quo.

Capitalism is still better than the alternatives, but the Republicans really have their heads up their asses when it comes to being based in reality.

Hey van, you're just not working hard enough to be a "success". When you truly embrace GOP principles, you'll be a millionaire too. Sure..when pigs fly.

klein

Für Meno :)
Are you saying that requiring everyone to have insurance will, uh, save money?

Lets just pretend a tornedo or hurricane hit a small town - 100 houses are ripped apart.
Only 1 of those home owners have home insurance, but the other 99 homes will be re-built as well, under government emergency grants/funds.
Well, it's the same with healthcare, just it's 65% covered, and the rest get it for "free", while the insured actually end up paying for the uninsured in the end.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Lets just pretend a tornedo or hurricane hit a small town - 100 houses are ripped apart.
Only 1 of those home owners have home insurance, but the other 99 homes will be re-built as well, under government emergency grants/funds.
Well, it's the same with healthcare, just it's 65% covered, and the rest get it for "free", while the insured actually end up paying for the uninsured in the end.

All of those tornado victims should turn down any government or insurance money and pay for it out of their own pockets...take care of themselves GOP-style. Damn big goverment!! Real Americans would do it all on their own. Republicans are effing ridiculous...and ignorant. (changed from stupid because some GOPer's are bright, but misinformed).

Last edited:

Goldilocks

Then why didn't you buy an RPS route 30 years ago and put your libertarian ideals front and center?

Why would I have to. I worked hard for what I have, made good money, been employeed for over 28 years, never have had an injury, good health, never leached the system. I wouldn't consider myself a libertarian. Just strong with my faith. I have only one leader and he is all around me. But I know what is right from wrong and people who sponge off the system and want more and more are wrong. Kids these days do not want to do what most of us have done all of our lives. They dont have work ethics. My grandfather was an amazing man, a black man, that paid his way thru college in the 30's later to become a very well known professor at a large university. He taught people how to use their resources, growing sugar cane crops, making thier own money and standing on their own two feet. Helping their economy grow.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why would I have to. I worked hard for what I have, made good money, been employeed for over 28 years, never have had an injury, good health, never leached the system. I wouldn't consider myself a libertarian. Just strong with my faith. I have only one leader and he is all around me. But I know what is right from wrong and people who sponge off the system and want more and more are wrong. Kids these days do not want to do what most of us have done all of our lives. They dont have work ethics. My grandfather was an amazing man, a black man, that paid his way thru college in the 30's later to become a very well known professor at a large university. He taught people how to use their resources, growing sugar cane crops, making thier own money and standing on their own two feet. Helping their economy grow.

You didn't really answer his question, so answer mine. OK? Why didn't you put your money where your mouth is and become an "entrepreneur" millionaire, like "successful" Republicans? We can all do it...we just have to try harder. (BS).

bbsam is more of a "bootstrapper" than you, and he's a liberal. Go figure. Oh, and if you get injured making Fred millions, you're a "leech" if you get anything for it? I have seen MANY Express employees injured on-the-job, and then basically run off the property.

Last edited:

Goldilocks

Here's the deal. No matter how hard 99.999% of all ants work, they're never going to be Mitt Romney or Fred S. Both had enormous advantages at birth, as do most of the "self-made" entrepreneurs the GOP likes to point at as examples of the Horatio Alger principle at work. This same class of people also have other advantages over the rest of us...going to prep schools, having Mommy and Daddy pay for college, room and board etc.

I have a relative who grew-up wealthy, had all of his education paid for at a fine school, and was presented with a fully paid-for $900,000 home when he got married. Oh, and his wife came from money too. As far as I know, he doesn't know how to operate a hand shovel or mow his own lawn. Think that's an advantage over the rest of us? Nah.

How about the immigrant working 3 jobs just to make ends meet? At 7-8 bucks per hour, they will never get ahead. They just exist, as part of the underclass that the upper class requires to do it's work and provide profits. The fallacy of capitalism is that it absolutely requires this underclass, making my point that even if everyone worked 3 jobs and started a small business etc, there just aren't enough worker ants left to make it work for them. Add-in factors like racism, sexism, and a political and legal sytem tilted in the favor of the rich, and what do you get? The status quo.

Capitalism is still better than the alternatives, but the Republicans really have their heads up their asses when it comes to being based in reality.

Hey van, you're just not working hard enough to be a "success". When you truly embrace GOP principles, you'll be a millionaire too. Sure..when pigs fly.

And where do you think Obama grew up and went to school, oh lets see Harvard? Look at the Kennedy's, got their money from booze, Chappaquiddick and a drunken Sen. Edward Kennedy and now Caroline supporting Obama's birth control freebies. Good Catholic family. There is corruption everywhere.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And where do you think Obama grew up and went to school, oh lets see Harvard? Look at the Kennedy's, got their money from booze, Chappaquiddick and a drunken Sen. Edward Kennedy and now Caroline supporting Obama's birth control freebies. Good Catholic family. There is corruption everywhere.

Obama ...self-made, and definitely not from money. Kennedys were not self-made but have dedicated (and given) their lives to public service. I don't care how many women JFK, RFK, and Teddy had sex with....they were on the side of the people.

Goldilocks

You didn't really answer his question, so answer mine. OK? Why didn't you put your money where your mouth is and become an "entrepreneur" millionaire, like "successful" Republicans? We can all do it...we just have to try harder. (BS).

bbsam is more of a "bootstrapper" than you, and he's a liberal. Go figure.

I did answer your question. Its not about how much money you make its about Ethics. Do you hate the Repulican party because you think they are all fat rich and happy? Not so...Remember, I am just a Blue Collar worker just like you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Teach a democrat to fish for a day and he will have food for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll still want food for a day!

Teach a Republican to fish for a day and he'll try and net every fish in the river and prevent everyone else from fishing there. In fact, he'll buy a local politician who will make a law that just allows him to use said river. Teach him how to fish and he'll still try and make a profit off it every day, while everyone else goes hungry or has to buy his fish at an inflated price!!

Oh, and after he nets all the fish, he'll have local government absorb the costs of re-stocking the stream and undoing his environmental damages.