Obama care

vantexan

If they are being paid to save billions in Medicare/Medicaid/New Exchange and they save billions like their forecasted to then it's money well spent don't you think? And the debates for the VP is purely a personal opinion. I personally thought that Biden did fine. He was well within his known character and the job of the VP is to be the attack dog of the campaign. In that he excelled. I thought that Paul Ryan did just fine as well. He stuck to his talking points and was more of the polite of the two. I personally find it amusing that during the first presidential debate Obama was criticized for being calm, polite, and sticking to the talking points while Romney was praised for being aggressive and attacking however in the VP debate it was the exact opposite for Ryan and Biden! Not picking on Dems or Reps, but that is funny right there and I don't care who you!

Except Romney didn't snort, guffaw, generally act like an idiot. Obamacare will end up costing a lot more than you think, wait and see.

vantexan

And you can't pretend that that tells the entire story.

What's the rest of the story? White Democrats get the Black vote by promising welfare? Sorry, but I don't see that Democrats have benefitted the Black community very much. At the very least those who come on here and talk about how evil Republicans are ought to be reminded of the Republicans' crucial role in getting true equal rights.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But you can't deny it was Republicans who pushed through the Civil Rights Act. George Romney marched with Black Leaders by the way.

LBJ had to physically threaten some of them, especially those from the South. Talk about revisionist history. It's amazing how "concerned" the GOP is with civil rights these days. Oh, and the Republican Party of today is far more conservative than anything GOP in the 1960's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No. It's "talking points" for when members of the conservative wing of politics are called racist.

Got it. My guess is that blacks are going to overwhelmingly vote for Romney. Remember when he told the crowd at the NAACP Convention that they would be better off with him? Well, I guess they listened. Just like the Hispanics, another Romney stronghold.

It just gets better as the election draws closer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No. It's "talking points" for when members of the conservative wing of politics are called racist.

Remember, "putting the White back into the White House" wasn't racist. They were misunderstood. There have been so many dogwhistle examples of racism in this campaign that I can no longer keep count.

vantexan

LBJ had to physically threaten some of them, especially those from the South. Talk about revisionist history. It's amazing how "concerned" the GOP is with civil rights these days. Oh, and the Republican Party of today is far more conservative than anything GOP in the 1960's.

Talk about revisionist history if the Republicans hadn't voted for it in a majority Democrat Congress it wouldn't have passed. And Barry Goldwater would have fitted nicely with anything GOP today.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Talk about revisionist history if the Republicans hadn't voted for it in a majority Democrat Congress it wouldn't have passed. And Barry Goldwater would have fitted nicely with anything GOP today.

Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan would go nowhere in today's GOP. It's gone that far to the Right. You really seem to be on the Lipton lately yourself. What are you going to do if Romney loses?

vantexan

Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan would go nowhere in today's GOP. It's gone that far to the Right. You really seem to be on the Lipton lately yourself. What are you going to do if Romney loses?

I'd be shocked if he loses. People want less government intrusion, fuel self sufficiency for the country, and more opportunity to make a living. Obama isn't likely to bring that to them. And Reagan is lionized by today's conservatives. Sean Hannity practically worships him.

bbsam

Staff member
I'd be shocked if he loses. People want less government intrusion, fuel self sufficiency for the country, and more opportunity to make a living. Obama isn't likely to bring that to them. And Reagan is lionized by today's conservatives. Sean Hannity practically worships him.

Prepare to be shocked.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

But Sean Hannity is insane. Please explain to me how Mitt Romney getting elected is going to improve your life. If you think Fred has a stranglehold on you now, what's stopping him under Romney? Nothing. It's carte blanche' for the Smith's of the world. Think that's a good thing?

MAKAVELI

So millionaires and billionaires keeping all their wealth is more unimportant than providing healthcare for the masses. Got it. Because healthcare is a luxury not afforded to everyone right? You are right in that tough decisions are going to have to be made. Like instead of the rich buying that 3rd or 4th home or that Ferrari they might just have to sacrifice those very important material things so a young woman can go get a mammogram to detect a cancer early and have a chance at a long life.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So millionaires and billionaires keeping all their wealth is more unimportant than providing healthcare for the masses. Got it. Because healthcare is a luxury not afforded to everyone right? You are right in that tough decisions are going to have to be made. Like instead of the rich buying that 3rd or 4th home or that Ferrari they might just have to sacrifice those very important material things so a young woman can go get a mammogram to detect a cancer early and have a chance at a long life.

Little people like us (and the young woman who needs the mammogram) are expendable. They can always afford healthcare, so it doesn't matter if the rest of us cannot. We are the help, and the help is there to service them. EVERYONE deserves healthcare.

If Ann Romney gets breast cancer, she's flown by private jet to the Mayo Clinic the same day or wherever else the best treatment can be found. If necessary, they can buy their own hospital. The Romney's are like royalty, and they are plutocrats who have no idea what the life of an average person is like.

vantexan

But Sean Hannity is insane. Please explain to me how Mitt Romney getting elected is going to improve your life. If you think Fred has a stranglehold on you now, what's stopping him under Romney? Nothing. It's carte blanche' for the Smith's of the world. Think that's a good thing?

Romney will improve my future by not letting this country go bankrupt. You can throw all the goodies you want at the poor, sooner or later you'll hit a wall. We can't go on the we've been going pure and simple.

Sean Hannity has this bad habit of catching Democrat politicians lying on video. Not so much these days, seems Democrats have learned to be more careful. Now it's just Joe Biden mouthing off for the most part.

vantexan

Who says they're keeping all of their wealth? The top 5 percent pay 60% of all income tax now. Why do you envy them so? And there are plenty of millionaires in this country who are cash poor. They aren't living it up, although they get by just fine. Having a million or more on paper doesn't automatically put you on easy street. There was a good book on this awhile back called "The Millionaire Next Door". My grandfather did very well drilling water wells in Florida. And he spent most of his savings taking care of my grandmother after she had a stroke. They lived well, but not extravagantly. He also preached for almost 50 years.