Obama? Really?

over9five

Staff member
Never said don't join and support the union, just said don't let their nearsighted, self centered view on elections sway you any. Get the big picture and stop screwing yourself and everyone else.
Exactly. We pay the union to negotiate our pay and benefits, not to dictate how we vote.

undies

I like being union, I feel as though Romney would weaken my union and therefore my job security. The dues we pay are a pittance in the bigger picture of what the union does and has done for it's members. For all the union faults there are just as many positive factors, I choose to focus on the positive.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Never said don't join and support the union, just said don't let their nearsighted, self centered view on elections sway you any. Get the big picture and stop screwing yourself and everyone else.
I agree with not letting anyone sway your vote. It's your right that many men and women have given their lives for.

brown_trousers

I agree with not letting anyone sway your vote. It's your right that many men and women have given their lives for.

The Teamsters should not be endorsing any candidate... Period!... even if they dont use our monthly dues to pay for their campaigning, they are using the Teamster's name and influence to gain support for a candidate.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The Teamsters should not be endorsing any candidate... Period!... even if they dont use our monthly dues to pay for their campaigning, they are using the Teamster's name and influence to gain support for a candidate.

Just like big companies use their money to support candidates that can further the corporate agenda.

brown_trousers

Just like big companies use their money to support candidates that can further the corporate agenda.

The difference is that we are paying for this teamsters political campaign with our monthly dues, even though some people claim it is paid for through seperate revenue streams, it is not! It is OUR union dues that created the teamster's name and infastructure. So if this "Teamsters Obama campaign" decides to use OUR Teamster's name, and our teamster's newsletters, and our teamster's infastructure to further their political cause. It is in fact a campaign funded by our monthly union dues.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The difference is that we are paying for this teamsters political campaign with our monthly dues, even though some people claim it is paid for through seperate revenue streams, it is not! It is OUR union dues that created the teamster's name and infastructure. So if this "Teamsters Obama campaign" decides to use OUR Teamster's name, and our teamster's newsletters, and our teamster's infastructure to further their political cause. It is in fact a campaign funded by our monthly union dues.
The Teamster's weren't political when you started at UPS? They have been political for years. If you didn't like it, you had the ability to apply somewhere else.

brown_trousers

The Teamster's weren't political when you started at UPS? They have been political for years. If you didn't like it, you had the ability to apply somewhere else.

really? I hate it when people use broken arguments like this!

-Were drivers getting overtime when you started at UPS? Then you better not complain about excessive overtime!

-Was management dishonest when you started at UPS? Don't start complaining about their dishonesty now!

-Was there any crime in your city when you first moved to your home? Don't complain about your stolen car, you should have moved somewhere else!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ok. Here's a better one. Tell teh union you do not want your dues to be used for anything political. You have the right to opt out of that portion of the dues. You still pay like 94% of the dues.

over9five

Staff member
You know, when Obama was running they told us he would take away all our guns. Hasn't happened, in fact Obama has been the best thing that ever happened for gun sales/rights.
It's the same thing with Romney and unions.
It's called SCARE TACTICS. Don't believe them. Vote for the best man for the country.
It ain't Obama.

OldManAllowance

You do realize that at our income level...100K in some cases...you are the people Obama will be comming to inorder to pay "your fair share"..and if you have any dividend income..you can kiss 44% of that good bye. Romney in 2012.

bbsam

Staff member
You do realize that at our income level...100K in some cases...you are the people Obama will be comming to inorder to pay "your fair share"..and if you have any dividend income..you can kiss 44% of that good bye. Romney in 2012.

Who do you suggest pays the bill for the last 12 years?

For your monthly dues you have some of the best healthcare in the industry. You also have a very good stable pension from your dues. Mitt Romney wants to make this a right to work country what does that tell you??? I'm all for my country what's best for my country but I'm also all for my family. Mitt Romney would like to cut my throat so my family can't have what I have now. He cannot relate to me nor can I relate to him.

Packmule

For your monthly dues you have some of the best healthcare in the industry. You also have a very good stable pension from your dues. Mitt Romney wants to make this a right to work country what does that tell you??? I'm all for my country what's best for my country but I'm also all for my family. Mitt Romney would like to cut my throat so my family can't have what I have now. He cannot relate to me nor can I relate to him.

Like was said earlier: scare tactic, usually perpetrated by the opposing political party, and definately pushed by union bosses that only care about their own income.