Office Depot and UPS

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ups1990, Aug 28, 2016.

1. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Has anyone here, heard anything about OD switching over to FedEx as their primary shipper? I've gotten conflicting information from two stores. Will OD stop accepting UPS customer drop offs or will they only accept UPS packages if paying shipping exclusively thru OD?

2. StoptheAct1212

StoptheAct1212 Active Member

I was handed all ups supplies on friday. At office depot.. looks like ceo of office max is good friends with someone over at fedex....

3. 35years

35years Active Member

Good. No more copy paper deliveries!
    Perhaps Staples can switch too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. TheDick

TheDick Member

They have sub contractor box vans doing the easy stops! sometimes at same time im delivering .Best part is when they want to dump a return un boxed at me like "here bitch take It! " Nope ,box it up foo!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  5. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

No haven't heard that but we were told that DHL is going after all of our international account's and that we need to report any sight of DHL packages or any DHL people trying to convince customers to switch. The funny thing is that UPS Stores have signs that say DHL is their preferred international shipper. LOL.

6. Keenj

Keenj Active Member

Any day I don't have a bulk delivery of nothing but office paper is a good day.

7. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

I don't get much OD to begin with, especially paper from them most paper comes from Quill and Staples...

8. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

It's funny when you deliver one of there pkgs to an office an all that's in it is a pack of pens.

9. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I am Express, and delivered a lot of supplies to the OD on my route Friday.

10. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a new pickup

11. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Yes we lost them starting September.
    Office Depot is probably going to be out of business in a few years. They've had issues for awhile

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Fine with me, need more hours! :)

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Somehow, I think we will still get screwed with the paper.

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Would be like losing Sears right now. Doesn't matter Sears is toast soon anyway.

15. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

I'm sure they're big accounts, but I wouldn't mind seeing Henry schein, and nestle dog food go to 'ol purple.

16. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I don't mind Schien...just wish they wouldnt ship the heavy crap. The offices I go to have some smoking hot Betties.

17. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

When I worked twilight there would be like 5 trailers a night of paper...that was BRUTAL

18. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Agree. Schein boxes are always in good condition. Heavy but not falling apart. I can do without the dog food boxes. One piece of tape and every one is falling apart

19. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

Aw you poor guy I bet that dolly really feels the pain

20. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

you don't want ups to lose Schein. It's like their 3rd biggest account. It would hurt ups.