Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)

Do you always get your news late ?
They been on full strike for a whole week now !

Government of Canada is ordering them back to work, though.
We should get mail again by Monday !

Oh, and yes, our postal trucks are red, same as the mail boxes :
(and incase you wondering, those letters and numbers on those boxes are just random and display samples of postal codes)

P

pickup

(and incase you wondering, those letters and numbers on those boxes are just random and display samples of postal codes)

Stephen Harper, enemy of the working man, threatened the postal workers with the power of the state.

wkmac

Stephen Harper, enemy of the working man, threatened the postal workers with the power of the state.

Speaking of Harper, seems his bloodletting doesn't stop at postal workers.

NATO members, including Canada, are continuing their massive bombing campaign against Libya in a war that may just break the record for the casual breaking of international law, and for lying about the motives for the war.
There is no mandate to engage in "regime change," yet everyone, including the Harper government, openly admits that that is, in fact, what they are doing. Canada has stated that only the removal of Gaddafi will satisfy NATO. Not the United Nations -- which gave a mandate to protect civilians from the Libyan government's attacks -- but NATO, that alliance whose mandate is supposed to be the mutual self defence of nations of the north Atlantic.
No one refers to this war against Libya as a criminal conspiracy but the term would be perfectly appropriate. And I suppose we should not be surprised that an organization that constantly violates its own mandate can hardly be expected to wince at violating someone else's they have taken over. NATO, with almost no comment from anywhere, has become a military intervention agency aimed at protecting Western industrial nations -- not from military threat but from an economic one: the threat of higher oil prices and the gradual loss of its dominant access to Middle East oil and gas.

There seems to be so little public interest in this war that its perpetrators lie like six year olds next to a cookie jar because so far they have largely gotten away with it. As the war was quickly transformed from protecting civilians to getting "the evil G," all the western governments thought they had to do was show photos of Colonel Gaddafi looking demented or telling stories about his eccentric behaviour in order to pacify their populations.

Libya: The Latest Product in Canada's Ugly War Assembly Line

Now here's a goodie from the same piece

There are so many things about this war that are farcical, dishonest, amateurish, and just plain morally wrong that Canada and the other warmongers have given up serious efforts at justifying it.

And I thought it was just Obama who was channeling Bush. Seems ole Klein has some splainin' to do!
Hmmm, if Canada is following America's lead in war, are they hiding the fact they did so in banking too? Hmmm, what might I know that I'm not sayin'?

:winks:

P

pickup

Wkmac, thank you for that information. When I go to sleep , I fear that when I wake up ,Stephen Harper will be the in charge of the whole world.

klein

My new redone wienerwagen ! :)
Incase you're wondering about the Canadian Flag, it's because the concert fest will be held over the Canada Day long weekend.

klein

Before Pic !

SANY0001.jpg
SANY0001.jpg

klein

Yup, I only placed a few of them to make the pic, I have a much larger selection then that.
And it's only for display, so they can choose which drink they prefer, drinks will be on ice and cold served.

I spent almost 4 hrs alone making that display rack..... couldn't bend it, so had to heat it up in the oven.... and because it's long... had to stick the other side in, and then repeat procedure, over and over again, to make it bendable.

Actually, I'm kinda proud of myself, making that cart look sooooo great :)

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
Canada has had graphic images of the effects of smoking on cigarette packages a few years now.
The FDA has decided to go the same route.
Here it has made no significant difference,smokers know the consequences and ignore them.

klein

Zat is vun vicked vienervagon

I want 5% for coming up with the name:happy-very:

Thanks DS, and I went to the German Bakery today, paid $90 in advance for 12 dozen bretzel buns.....I asked for 500, but they can't supply me with that many.
Got promised 144 though, and anything else he can manage to bake for me.

If you look closely in the pics above, you'll see Curry Ketchup ! I'll teach Canadians how to eat properly :) LOL
IT's going to be a lot of fun... still need a few more supplies..... like flooring, (but bought the plywood already, just need some washable covering on it).
Cash box, and a fold up table I'm getting tomorrow.

I better earn some good money, I invested over $4 K into it already. Mind you, that includes my pop, water, juice, that's around $1000 alone.

klein

oh yeah, if you look at the vehicles..... all american :)
Pontiac Grand Prix in the garage, Cadillac infront, and next to it (bumper only pic) is a Ford Windstar.

Now, that's constribution ! :)

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Sorry I didn't reply soon , but ( 1 ) I have a real job to go to, and (2) It's been a very happy day*.
So seeing that this thread is called O. C.T. with C N. makes me wonder if it's such HOT news why hasn't anyone else posted it?
First I heard about it was from a person who came into the customer counter on Monday, who needed something shipped to Canada and wanted to make sure it got there.

*Whitey Bulger Arrested In Santa Monica, California

klein

Well, it was on CNN too. USPS won't even accept mail to Canada right now.

But, I don't give a carp anyways, actually it feels damn good not to check my mail box currently.
It seems they have the wrong person they are delivering to, anyways.
My name is NOT Bill.
Yet, I get them !

(now happy not to) :)