Official Canada Thread with Current News

wkmac

I'm not familiar with this word, what does it mean?

There you go meddling into areas again that you should know better. What if in his world it is a word and he has a definition for it? You are messing with the potential of some real serious mental harm to yourself here so I'd ignore it and move on.

Like Trinity said to Neo,

"You've been down that road and you know where it ends. You really don't want to go there!"

:happy-very:

There you go meddling into areas again that you should know better. What if in his world it is a word and he has a definition for it? You are messing with the potential of some real serious mental harm to yourself here so I'd ignore it and move on.

Like Trinity said to Neo,

:happy-very:
I was merely trying to expand my vocabulary. mental harm to myself?? Hah...not likely given my current state. But thanks for the concern to m mental health. whistle.gif
whistle.gif

klein

Für Meno :)
Canada scores big !

Thu Jun 23 10:19am EDT
Canadian goalkeeper scores freak, historic goal in U17 World Cup

Imagine Canada losing an Olympic hockey game to Slovenia on a shot from the blueline — make that the far blueline — and you pretty much have an idea of what Quillan Roberts pulled off on Wednesday in Mexico.

The goalkeeper earned Canada's under-17 men's soccer team its first point ever at the World Cup, to earn a 2-2 draw with England, a country which many still consider a global force in footy.

P

pickup

My new redone wienerwagen ! :)
Incase you're wondering about the Canadian Flag, it's because the concert fest will be held over the Canada Day long weekend.

Believe it or not, I think you did a good job , Klein. I can't wish any man who runs a hot dog cart anything but success . Good luck.

I spent almost 4 hrs alone making that display rack..... couldn't bend it, so had to heat it up in the oven.... and because it's long... had to stick the other side in, and then repeat procedure, over and over again, to make it bendable.

Actually, I'm kinda proud of myself, making that cart look sooooo great :)

Next time try taking the rack material to a metal fabrication shop or even an HVAC business. They can put the rack into a metal break and bend it into any angle you`d like in minutes for a few bucks.

klein

Believe it or not, I think you did a good job , Klein. I can't wish any man who runs a hot dog cart anything but success . Good luck.

Thanks picky ! :) I do appreciate your feedback !
A few more touch ups yet, like where that hole is in front of the sink, that's going to be for my papertowels and holder.
The flag was only put up temporary to make the photo, but will be raised.
And ofcourse the pop shelf will look sharper with all the varities I have.

My next pics will come from the concert site directly, when I'm set up 100% and operating.
Also still need to attach a hand sanitizing dip station, too, and a napkin holder for customers on top of the serving shelf.

Thanks again, pickup ! You earned positive reps :)

klein

All you'll need now is a dis claimer sign that says " All FOODS SOLD AND EATEN ARE SOLEY AT YOUR OWN RISK ".

No need to worry about that, can claim is was dog food - it's in the name !

I can't help it that people eat it..... ;)

MY sign clearly reads Hot Dog food (in small print).

klein

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - 07/08/11) - New job numbers released today found that hiring in June continued its healthy trend from the first five months of 2010. Statistics Canada reported that 28,400 jobs were created in June, up from 22,300 in the prior month.

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - 07/08/11) - New job numbers released today found that hiring in June continued its healthy trend from the first five months of 2010. Statistics Canada reported that 28,400 jobs were created in June, up from 22,300 in the prior month.

Statistics show that while jobs were created no Canadians were motivated to apply for them.

klein

You 2 are just useless, and have no clue !
I'm attending a 40.000 pilgrimage, and besides a snackbar that is located half a mile away, I'm the only hotdog vendor.
Now, an easy calcuation for you :

If only 5% of 40.000 people buy 1 hotdog every day, meaning from 100 people that walk right by me, only 5 stop and buy something off me, be it a dog, bottled water or pop, or both, that's 2000 customers per day with a profit of atleast $3.00 per customer.
That's $6000 per day X 7 days = $42000 in a week.
AND, I'm very conservative in the above calculation !

Since the weather forecast is 30C for the week, and people will be thirsty, I'll earn a killing on ice cold drinks alone.
Profit on a dog : $3.00
Pop: $2.00
Bottled water: $1.00
Juice: $1.00

I'm actually leaning more towards a total profit of $60.000 net pay for 1 week worths of work !

BITE ME ! LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, I always get a craving for a hot dog while contemplating the stations of the cross !! Or chicken, if I think of St. Francis of Assissi. St. Anthony of Padua is definitely spaghetti & meatballs.

You should get a spaghetti cart........ Capellini Cart, Ravioli Round-up, Linguini Limousine, Klein's Kugel Koach, The Ditalini Dragster, Perciatelli Pushcart........so many ideas, so little time !!!