Oh No, More Snow.....

over9five

Staff member
Yuck, two big storms on top of each other. One tomorrow, one Wednesday.

All the regular girly-men will be bangin' in.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Let it snow let it snow let snow. Oh yea did I mention I was on vacation.
The guy that usually covers for me said, "oh Shoot you are on vaca, that means big storm" I said yup.
Stocking up today
generator on the porch,
Beer in the big cooler
Torpedo in the basement.
Let it snow!!!
I do feel bad, HA.

raceanoncr

All the regular girly-men will be bangin' in.

Yeah, I, kinda, callled in Sept 25th. Kiss my arse....

Big storm predicted here too. Former tractor-partner already said really bad out west today. Ain't seen any regular east-bound.

Hope the sound of my "ice-clinkin" adult beverage doens't upset him too much.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, honestly spoken, as I sit here in minus 20C winter here, and surrounded with 3 plus somewhat feet of snow, I'm "Schadenfreu" (somewhat happy), to have you fellows experience a taste of Canada ! :)

brett636

My area is looking at 1" or more of ice and several inches of snow on top of that. I'm wondering if they postponed starting those 2 new feeder drivers this week. lol

The guy that usually covers for me said, "oh Shoot you are on vaca, that means big storm" I said yup.
Stocking up today
generator on the porch,
Beer in the big cooler
Torpedo in the basement.
Let it snow!!!
I do feel bad, HA.
Do you use the farmers almanac to pick your winter vacations??

Jacquie28

I'm in Mi and we are expecting 15 inches of snow overnight on Tuesday. I've never had to deliver in conditions like that before. I was wondering what to expect. Why even go in? We will be getting stuck all day!

I'm in Mi and we are expecting 15 inches of snow overnight on Tuesday. I've never had to deliver in conditions like that before. I was wondering what to expect. Why even go in? We will be getting stuck all day!
Just be safe and make good decisions. As far as calling off that's your call but I man up and test my skills out there. Nothing is expected of you on these days except bringing it in accident and injury free.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just be safe and make good decisions. As far as calling off that's your call but I man up and test my skills out there. Nothing is expected of you on these days except bringing it in accident and injury free.

Yep, snow days are easy days. The next day suks, though.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
"Schadenfreu" (somewhat happy),
Pst, Klein, use your German spell checker, then actually use the right words. The phrase you used has an e at the end, is a noun and translates to
  1. malicious joy
  2. gloating
  3. glee
  4. spitefulness
But then again, that is probably what you really meant, since the USA is so inferior to Canada.

Best

d

klein

Für Meno :)
Pst, Klein, use your German spell checker, then actually use the right words. The phrase you used has an e at the end, is a noun and translates to
  1. malicious joy
  2. gloating
  3. glee
  4. spitefulness
But then again, that is probably what you really meant, since the USA is so inferior to Canada.

Best

d

Sorry Danny, meant to type the word as an adjective, which is "Schadenfroh" !
You can't write for example; "Icn bin Schadenfreude" it's not proper grammar. - It's "Ich bin Schadenfroh"

And don't forget the "d" if you write it in another sentence such as : "Oh, wie groß war seine Schadenfreude"

rod

Retired 22 years
I always enjoyed a big snow - unless it was on a Friday. We would load up with grit (chicken grit) for traction, make sure we had a shovel and if you had a P 400 or an Econoline you had chains. All bets were off and it was kind of fun to see just what you could get delivered. There was alot of walking through knee to waist deep snow. Most of the time you would get your whole route done. You would get off late at night then go have a few beers with the guys. Then when you got home you would have to spend the next hour or two cleaning out your own driveway.

UPSGUY72

Yep, snow days are easy days. The next day suks, though.

The next couple days suck. In case of my building the next week sucks most every driver has been bring back 30-40 stops each night for the past two week we are told to be back to the building by 8:00 and sheet anything left EC. I brought back 51 friday and 35 today. The dispatch is a joke friday I had more stops then I had during peak with a helper.