Old hand truck

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah well there are some sensitive people on this thread. I apparently offended them with the thought of committing such a heinous act against the company. @NAHimGOOD is obviously a manager in training. He will make a fine company man.
Ask your center manager— you never know. A lot has to do with how big of a center you work at.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yeah well there are some sensitive people on this thread. I apparently offended them with the thought of committing such a heinous act against the company. @NAHimGOOD is obviously a manager in training. He will make a fine company man.
I know I called you a dumpster diver.

Which is true.

But you don't have to say such mean and hurtful things.

NAHimGOOD

A wise guy and a mouthy little booger too. No surprise. They usually come in one package. I’m guessing you have short man syndrome. Or your wife isn’t happy with your “performance”. Whichever it is, someone should teach you how to construct a paragraph.
Sure as hell won't be you.

quad decade guy

I have repurposed over 500lbs of old scrap metal from UPS being thrown away in the dumpster.
Leaf springs, brake drums, bumpers, tie rods ,ect... .
Asked the center manager if I could take them. He laughed and said we are throwing them away, take them.
Bought a 1970's UPS hand truck 20 years ago at a garage sale for $5.00.
Still use it today in my barn.
If you can weld, or braze, the possibilities of its uses are endless.
This is different than stealing them. This is not theft.

TopsyKrets

$41.51

Which is true.

Which is true.

I don’t know what part of the country you’re from, but in the south, calling an honest hard working man a “thief” and a “dumpster diver” are fighting words. You completely steered my thread into the wrong direction, on purpose might I add. Took something small and stupid and turned it into a big deal. But it’s my fault I guess. I forget that there are people like you on here. People who hijack a thread with name calling and worthless banter. Then get their feelings hurt and want to play the victim when they are set straight. People like you who have posted here 14,900 times in a 19 month time period. Obvious keyboard warrior. So please forgive me for forgetting that people like you exist on this site.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My $0.02, from a guy that's moved a few times......

Why do you need a broken down, POS hand truck to clutter your garage and then add to the big pile you create at the curb when you come to your senses?

I understand people weld, "repurpose", yada yada, but it's in the dumpster for a reason....

TopsyKrets

$41.51
My $0.02, from a guy that's moved a few times......

Why do you need a broken down, POS hand truck to clutter your garage and then add to the big pile you create at the curb when you come to your senses?

I understand people weld, "repurpose", yada yada, but it's in the dumpster for a reason....
Just thinking out loud I guess. My bad. The hand truck is still in the dumpster where it will remain. Truth is, I was just looking for a little conversation since I haven’t been on here in 3 years. I obviously picked the wrong thing to talk about. But hey, now I remember why I don’t get on here.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just thinking out loud I guess. My bad. The hand truck is still in the dumpster where it will remain. Truth is, I was just looking for a little conversation since I haven’t been on here in 3 years. I obviously picked the wrong thing to talk about. But hey, now I remember why I don’t get on here.
33F0ED88-80DE-4FBD-863F-DE2CF6FD7E42.gif

quad decade guy

I don’t know what part of the country you’re from, but in the south, calling an honest hard working man a “thief” and a “dumpster diver” are fighting words. You completely steered my thread into the wrong direction, on purpose might I add. Took something small and stupid and turned it into a big deal. But it’s my fault I guess. I forget that there are people like you on here. People who hijack a thread with name calling and worthless banter. Then get their feelings hurt and want to play the victim when they are set straight. People like you who have posted here 14,900 times in a 19 month time period. Obvious keyboard warrior. So please forgive me for forgetting that people like you exist on this site.
Got to the Bullies thread.....

You'll gain some insight there.

Big Babooba

By law, anything in the trash is considered abandoned property. They could fire him for stealing something they abandoned, but he'd get his job back with back pay.

Use it as a hand truck, just strap some metal bars to the upright part to make it usable again. Or convert it to a trailer dollie, (I don't mean the semi-type, just a regular cargo or boat trailer) those are pretty handy.
First off it is on UPS property, that's different than being put on the curb.
Secondly UPS might be selling their scrap metal. Is losing your job worth it?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Well, my comment was my experience of having bits around my garages to later make into “something”…

NAHimGOOD

Not reading all of that mumbo jumbo....

Thieving dumpster diver.

shove-push.gif

Its a new day.

Find something new to cry about.

Hopefully helping.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Hey man. You might not be a thief. But if you take stuff out of dumpsters you’d better be ready to own the “dumpster diver” label.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
He’s from San Francisco