On road time

rod

Retired 22 years
For most of my career I was stuck behind a post so it didn't matter what time the sort was down--I couldn't go anywhere until those on both sides of me had left. The trucks were spotted so close together that I refused to try to jockey mine out until I had clear sailing. I made a lot of extra $$$ just sitting in my truck beating a weed waiting. On more than one occasion (usually when the center was being visited by the goon squad) a sup or even the center manager would jump in and move mine. Usually it involved rubbing the side of mine against the side of the one next to me. Scratches don't count as long as management does it. You know if you get enough scratches on your truck after awhile you can get a few of your own and no one knows the difference.

AKCoverMan

I am willing to wager that we hit the street later than anyone in the entire everywhere. 1100 +15-
We have a satellite center that has 7-10 cars. Start time is 1015, the feeder is usually there to offload. Not unusual for the driver sort and load to run past 1100.

Yes, it's an end of day commit area.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We have a satellite center that has 7-10 cars. Start time is 1015, the feeder is usually there to offload. Not unusual for the driver sort and load to run past 1100.

Yes, it's an end of day commit area.

I can understand a satellite starting that late but a center of 20+ routes. Ridiculousness!