On this Day

texan

On this day, 3 Feb 1959 Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "the Big Bopper" Richardson died in a Plane crash in Iowa.

texan

On this day, 4 Feb 1974, The Symbionese Liberation Army abducts Patty Hearst.

Patricia Hearst, the 19-year-old daughter of publishing billionaire William Randolph Hearst, is kidnapped
from her Berkeley, California, apartment.

texan

On this day, 4 Feb 1789, First U.S. president elected.
George Washington is unanimously elected the first president of the United States by all 69 presidential electors who
cast their votes. John Adamss of Massachusettss, who received 34 votes, was elected vice president.

texan

On this day, 4 Feb 1938, Disney releases Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Walt Disney’s decision to make Snow White, which was the first animated feature to be produced in English
and in Technicolor, flew in the face of the popular wisdom at the time. Naysayers, including his wife
Lillian, warned him that audiences, especially adults, wouldn’t sit through a feature-length cartoon fantasy about dwarfs.

Its power continues to endure: In June 2008, more than 60 years after its U.S. release, the American Film Institute
chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as the No. 1 animated film of all time in its listing
of “America’s 10 Greatest Films in 10 Classic Genres.”

texan

Happy Birthday Klein.
0069.gif
0069.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
"We've Only Just Begun"..........was chosen by many brides at the time when I got married.
Yeah, they played it right out the side of the covered wagon after we all pulled in a circle !! (smart asses)

texan

"We've Only Just Begun"..........was chosen by many brides at the time when I got married.
Yeah, they played it right out the side of the covered wagon after we all pulled in a circle !! (smart asses)

That thought never crossed my mind. "Yeah, they played it right out the side of the covered wagon after we all pulled in a circle !!"

I think it is an outstanding song, and it fits weddings so well.

texan

On Feb 5th, 1919, United Artists was created.

Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks and D.W. Griffith joined forces to create their own
film studio, which they called the United Artists Corporation. UA was helped by the talents (and bankrolls)
of veteran producers like Joseph Schenck, Samuel Goldwyn, Howard Hughes and Alexander Korda.
Some later films were The African Queen (1951), High Noon (1952), Witness for the Prosecution (1957), Some
Like It Hot
(1959), The Apartment and The Magnificent Seven (both 1960) and West Side Story (1961).
In addition, the company was responsible for the James Bond and Pink Panther film franchises.

texan

On the day, 5 Feb 1957 The American Invasion begins, as Bill Haley and the Comets storm Britain.

The birth of rock 'n' roll for me?" said Pete Townshend several decades later, "Seeing
Bill Haley and The Comets....God, that band swung!"

The first time I really ever felt a tingle up my spine was when I saw Bill Haley and The Comets
on the telly," said Paul McCartney.

"I've still got the ticket stub in my wallet from when I went to see Bill Haley and the Comets play
in Manchester in February 1957—my first-ever concert" said Graham Nash.

texan

On this day, 5 Feb 1934 Hank Aaron is born.

He was the baseball slugger who broke Babe Ruth's legendary record of 714 homers.

He quickly established himself as an important player for the Braves and won the National League batting title in 1956.
The following season, he took home the league's MVP award and helped the Braves beat Mickey Mantle and the
heavily favored New York Yankees in the World Series. In 1959, Aaron won his second league batting title.