One word and Phrase to describe FedEx.

MAKAVELI

How can I be objective when I experience it every day? I know what I see and experience, that's it. It's real easy to look in from the outside with purple colored glasses and see everything as all good until you actually experience it.

Actually you'll never be taken seriously as a mature adult using terms that I won't repeat. I disagree with some of what he says, but why would he listen to me if I stoop to the lowest point possible addressing his opinions? By the way I once said that anyone who believes he has everything he has because of his natural superiority rather than because of the hard work of his employees who make it happen then he is scum. I learned real quick that the only thing focused on is the very negative word used instead of my argument. Might not matter to you, but no one will take you seriously if you choose to use such terms. There's really nothing admirable about it.

The same can be said for his comments. I view his comments as snarky, condescending, and wonder why someone who has no clue as to what we experience on a daily basis can objectively conclude that this company is heading in a positive direction. Besides I'm just venting. If someone doesn't like it they don't have to read it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you seem to love FedEx and are on Fred's nut sack all the time, you should quit UPS and come work with us . You , Dano and bb would get along great and take turns...............

Business 101----transfer work from a less profitable opco to a more profitable one. Reduce less profitable opco to part-time w/morning and evening couriers. Reduce overhead through corporate buyouts. Capitalize on wage differential with direct competitor by offering lower shipping costs and bigger discounts to major shippers.

MAKAVELI

Since you seem to love FedEx and are on Fred's nut sack all the time, you should quit UPS and come work with us . You , Dano and bb would get along great and take turns...............

Business 101----transfer work from a less profitable opco to a more profitable one. Reduce less profitable opco to part-time w/morning and evening couriers. Reduce overhead through corporate buyouts. Capitalize on wage differential with direct competitor by offering lower shipping costs and bigger discounts to major shippers.

My view. Business 101----screw employees as hard as I can so my cronies and I can live as fat and rich as we can.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

What if more profitable opco is barely legal and will probably eventually be held to be illegal? Just wondering. Do you duct tape yourself to the nut sack or just hang onto the hairs?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I'm still waiting for him to make my suggestion at the next UPS PCM, which is for everyone at Brown to volunteer to cut their wages to $14 per hour and eliminate their benefits. My guess is that he would have to be taken to the hospital for treatment afterwards.

Just sayin'

vantexan

What if more profitable opco is barely legal and will probably eventually be held to be illegal? Just wondering. Do you duct tape yourself to the nut sack or just hang onto the hairs?

Really classy. But then shaking hands with you apparently causes gas, lol. How about we all just stick to issues, otherwise we just prove we're not worthy of anything better than what we're getting.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really classy. But then shaking hands with you apparently causes gas, lol. How about we all just stick to issues, otherwise we just prove we're not worthy of anything better than what we're getting.

Actually, the nut sack reference is from SPH, but I think it's applicable. Upstate is fine with the deal he's getting, and he's fine with the Ground scam and us getting screwed. What's not to like about someone like that?

vantexan

Actually, the nut sack reference is from SPH, but I think it's applicable. Upstate is fine with the deal he's getting, and he's fine with the Ground scam and us getting screwed. What's not to like about someone like that?

I've suggested that their drivers take a pay cut in order for future drivers to get reasonable pay, didn't see any support for that. Truth is though that in time UPS will be hurting because they can't match Ground's prices and pay high wages and great benefits. If Ground takes enough away from them they'll be in trouble. But telling future drivers THEY must accept less is exactly the same deal we mid-rangers have had to deal with for a long time now. I don't see our topped out couriers feeling much sympathy for us either. Truth is EVERYONE wants to get their's, and too damn bad for those who don't. It's why unions at FedEx have fallen flat on their faces because most topped out couriers are reasonably content with what they have. A house divided against itself can not stand. So we can bitch all day long at FedEx, it won't make any difference. They're getting their's, and we're screwed.

STFXG

It's either legal or illegal. There's no "barely" in the law.

MAKAVELI

There is a lot of grey area under the laws. Such as is it illegal to hire illegal immigrants to do work in the fields? Yes it it is but is often ignored and enforcement is non existent. Does that make it right? No.

vantexan

There is a lot of grey area under the laws. Such as is it illegal to hire illegal immigrants to do work in the fields? Yes it it is but is often ignored and enforcement is non existent. Does that make it right? No.

That's a good comparison. If farmers, or big agribusiness, paid enough that Americans would be willing to do the back breaking work in the fields, the extra costs would be passed on to consumers and we'd all pay much higher prices for food. Same with FedEx Ground. FedEx knows it can make more per pkg with Ground, and the big volume shippers know they can save more per pkg with Ground. The Ground contractors know as middlemen they can do well too. It all hinges on employees being willing to work for less and with few if any benefits, depending on the contractor. If FedEx had to pay more to get people willing to do the job then there's not much point in even having Ground. As long as there are people working at lower paid jobs like fast food or Walmart, as long as millions are looking for work, as long as there is a steady stream of military retirees in their 40's and 50's looking to supplement their pension, there will be people willing to work at Ground. The military retirees already have their pension and their medical is covered by the VA. I'm sure FedEx crunched the numbers and are confident they can man Ground. So what it comes down to at this point is finding out how screwed we are. We know there's no chance things will go back to like before, now it's just a matter of seeing exactly what they plan to do with us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You say "potato" and I say "potatoe". Barely is the appropriate word to use when referencing the legality of Ground. Sorry, but you too will someday know Fred's love.

bbsam

Staff member
You say "potato" and I say "potatoe". Barely is the appropriate word to use when referencing the legality of Ground. Sorry, but you too will someday know Fred's love.

why? What is going to be tthe legal argument that finally makes this true? What logic are lawyers going to come up with that finally puts Fred in a bind where he has no choice but to change the business model? They haven't found it yet.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
why? What is going to be tthe legal argument that finally makes this true? What logic are lawyers going to come up with that finally puts Fred in a bind where he has no choice but to change the business model? They haven't found it yet.

Sam......Think big school here.

When certain politicians stop getting their pockets stuffed, that's when.

hypo hanna

Corporations will continue to pay off politicians as long as they continue to do their bidding. Politicians will continue to do the bidding as long as the corporations continue to cough up the dough.
It's a closed loop and the little guys are outside that loop. If we learned nothing from the "Citizens United" case it's that.

Last edited: