Onroad whining about Teamsters making so much more than he will

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
there are many benefits in being in management such as money, time off, retirement, superior 401k, transfers, respect, physical ease and the joy in working with teamsters...
IMG_4880.gif

anonymous23456

Everything is possible in the future. UPS could have separated out different divisions and make different companies. Delivering/picking up packages can be all by itself, and other divisions go into different business. Who knows? The packages division could become its own company.

Once that happens, UPS can kill or sell packages division. UPS will have to change to different name by then.

This is just speculation. Who knows who the future UPS CEOs are and what do they want to do to make a lot of money for themselves, uhhh sorry...shareholders.

Last edited:

UPSER1987

My first Onroad who trained me pretty much knew every route in his sup group…at least could run it and have the basic knowledge of the route. Routes had their assigned streets and work and the cuts were pretty much the same when they had to do adds or subtractions ...now it’s a joke.

respect??? Seriously??
That should be the basics for the on road sup. These Sups that can’t or never have delivered routes have no place at ups.

ManInBrown

When I started all the supervisors and managers either had 4 year degrees or were in school. Now a bunch of our ft sups only have 2 year degrees and our pt sups are mentally retarded.
Two year degrees. Lolol. I had an on road who filled in as center manager when the center manager was on vacation. I can’t believe this kid knew how to tie his shoes and get to work. Just stopped into my old building a few months ago. Bunch of dumb little kids running the place. On roads and center manager. It’s a joke.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Two year degrees. Lolol. I had an on road who filled in as center manager when the center manager was on vacation. I can’t believe this kid knew how to tie his shoes and get to work. Just stopped into my old building a few months ago. Bunch of dumb little kids running the place. On roads and center manager. It’s a joke.
My first on car was a grizzled old ex marine that had been a driver. Not many had any degrees back then. It’s inevitable that the twerps take over.

UPSER1987

To be fair, the drivers aren’t any better. Sloppy looking and whiny. No work ethic and no accountability. No way would any of these turds been drivers just 10 years ago. It’s a match made in heaven.

Brownwind

To be fair, the drivers aren’t any better. Sloppy looking and whiny. No work ethic and no accountability. No way would any of these turds been drivers just 10 years ago. It’s a match made in heaven.
Truth be told. Is looking like a bum the new normal?
We try to keep the standard high in our building. It’s said when I have to teach a newbie to shine his boots. Tony Lama would not approve.

Karma...

when I was working way back we were required to know 110 percent the jobs pertinent in our area whether driving or in the hub..when we went to a new area our managers would tests. we had 1 week for inside the building and driving a month due to the routes...back then it was leadership by example......there was 1 salty veteran on-road that knew the entire buildings routes of 50. in many ways the old united parcel service was unique.....and yes every management person started off as a teamster.. everyone of them....its truly the best way. .those days are long gone and probably wont come back 100%..

Karma...

with the new contract it varies by location with up to 10 paid sick days......in management you can use vacation days as paid sick days...good deal and very fair !