Orientation info

Zack

I know that not all UPS centers run the same, however I recently applied for a Driver Helper position and got a call to come in for the orientation, you may remember when I posted here about a week ago.

Should I dress nice, or dress to work? How long will I be there? Also, what is the general time orientation starts? The lady hung up before I could register what time she said. If I remember correctly, I think she said 9:00 or 9:30. Not entirely sure.

upschuck

Wear whatever. You will receive your uni when you get hired. Call her again, or it maybe on upsjobs.com under your profile.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know that not all UPS centers run the same, however I recently applied for a Driver Helper position and got a call to come in for the orientation, you may remember when I posted here about a week ago.

Should I dress nice, or dress to work? How long will I be there? Also, what is the general time orientation starts? The lady hung up before I could register what time she said. If I remember correctly, I think she said 9:00 or 9:30. Not entirely sure.
Here's a winning solution...show up at 9:00. Better early than late....jfc.

PT Car Washer

No matter what time you show up you will end up waiting. Wear something nice and be clean shaven and make a nice appearance. No need to wear a suit or anything fancy. Sometimes on building tours you will see guys more dressed up then the Division Manager.

MendozaJ

You will be getting paid. Dress to work (boots are all that matters) and maintain grooming standards.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Thus it begins. Remember that this site is not part of UPS. For accurate information call your contact in HR. Take anything posted here with a grain of salt.

AllOnTheHorses

Call her back and say you do not want to make plans that interfere with the orientation.. she should then tell you how long it will last.. then ask her to verify the start time.

Pooter

8:30 with a suit and tie. Now watch how every other driver helper that comes after you have that "oh fk!" look. :D

By the end though, you will feel like a silly goose :/

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
be there at 830.

dress for work in clean clothes ( you will be surprised how many do not )

shower, use deodorant, brush your teeth ( ditto from above )

listen. ( ditto from above again )

take notes if necessary and ask questions if anything is not clear.

dont bring your gun ( kidding )

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
8:30 with a suit and tie. Now watch how every other driver helper that comes after you have that "oh fk!" look. :D

By the end though, you will feel like a silly goose :/
Yea....but a job is a job. Even going to a McDonalds interview...nothing wrong with over dressing and being prompt. It beats showing up 20 min late looking like you rolled out of bed.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Here's to hoping you one of those who can sleep with your eyes open. If not you will be bored to death. Btw -- Sups gives you all the answers. Don't worry about passing

tacken

Really your a body. You will meet the driver be his all day. Work hard be respectful, and don't throw the packages. And when peak is over so are you. Return your uniform collect last check.