Orion Forcing

Ghost in the Darkness

I ran a route 2 weeks ago that had 2 stops mixed together for RDR. WTF.

You know what, I could even put up with that. I'd settle for them even getting that close. At least it would all be in back and I would just have to sort it. I lower my expectations because I know how asinine things can get. We gotta be perfect, albeit we have to deal with people who seem like their education is still at elementary school level. After so much of that its just hard to care about anything UPS related.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I ran a route 2 weeks ago that had 2 stops mixed together for RDR. WTF.

Oops, did you run my route 2 weeks ago? Lol.

I have 2 different stops in my RDR because they are 2 bulk stops right across the street from each other and I have so many bulkstops that every other rear location is taken. No joke I have section 5570 as a bulk stop which takes the back half of the entire section 5 shelf. Section 6680 same deal. Section 7680 and Section 8510 also. RDL, RDR, MFL, MFR (Used to be FL3 and FL4 until just 2 weeks ago). So I had no choice but to combine 2 bulk stops under RDR so they'd both be contained in the rear since they are dock stops. Like the previous poster said, it's quite easy to deliver and sort one from the other while scanning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walmart recently changed their Ship to Store to Pickup at Store. UPS sent out a directive to every PDS with a Walmart in his/her center that this should be treated as a separate stop with a separate load position, usually in the 1000 section. My regular loader recognizes this and loads them all together (RDR)-----when he is off the sub will load according to PAL.

I will sometimes get an ADD/CUT for a retail plaza which the PDS will assign to RDL; however, that is where the bulk stop for the college is loaded. My regular loader will separate the stops while his subs will load them all together.

My regular loader gets $100 every Peak. His subs get a "Thank You".

barnyard

KTM rider
They just have to get it in the correct section, different numbers would make it easier for me to find. Preloader is still going to put it wherever, changing the number will not matter.

JL 0513

The thing I do not understand... We have 8 sections, every stop should be able to have their own unique HIN. It is stupid to have a resi stop with 18 pieces and 4 other stops on the same street with the same HIN. I do not know of anyone that goes out with over 9000 stops, which is what it would take to run out of HINs for a load.

I've run last minute add/cut split routes where 90% of the load had HINs of 89xx. I kid you not. Plus, they were all hand written with a Sharpie so that you could barely even read the numbers anyway. So a needle in a haystack situation for every package because there's literally no load sequence. Adds a good 2 hours to the day.

wayfair

swollen member
Walmart recently changed their Ship to Store to Pickup at Store. UPS sent out a directive to every PDS with a Walmart in his/her center that this should be treated as a separate stop with a separate load position, usually in the 1000 section.

My PDS was doing that, then I mentioned he could move it from the 1000 section to RDC. He actually did it! Then Monday came around again...

MC0493

I've run last minute add/cut split routes where 90% of the load had HINs of 89xx. I kid you not. Plus, they were all hand written with a Sharpie so that you could barely even read the numbers anyway. So a needle in a haystack situation for every package because there's literally no load sequence. Adds a good 2 hours to the day.
Been there done that, i once had a full 1000 of packages and not a single one was spa'ed to the truck i was in. All add cuts, so you'd have packages off multiple routes all jammed together in the same shelf location. Was a total nightmare trying to find anything to get started.

barnyard

KTM rider
Was a total nightmare trying to find anything to get started.

When that happens, I pull out of the building and completely sort the mess. I do not hit 'leave building' so that time is all charged to the preload. Every time it happens a supe comes to me the next day complaining, I suggest that they fix their broken system and it will not happen again.

MC0493

Issue i had was there was no way to logically sort when you've got labels from 4 different trucks and none of it matches in the board. Kind of just had to dig around until you found your first stop and then work from that area, dig for the next area and so on. The day this happened i was already at the building probably an hour after start time because everything was just thrown in piles around the building.