Orion help

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by screamin chicken, Apr 30, 2016.

1. I used to drive 55-60 miles, metro route , 140-149 , 225- 290 pkgs. Mow with orion, ny stop count stays at 170 plus everyday, and my mile are still the same,so when I not makeing my miles then thats on them, can I file on this....

2. File for what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. jr32bad

jr32bad Active Member

Sounds like a 100 grand route. Make the money

4. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Why are you stressing over this?

Work as directed and don't give a crap about miles or hours.

Unless you are working way more hours than you want to, if so file for 9.5 violations.

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

If applicable, get on the 9.5 list if you don't want all that work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

Just follow it and make the money! I don't think it's going to do this for long. I was told the system will correct its self once it replaces the dispatchers.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

2 11 hour days is better than 5 11 hour days

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Do the job the safest way you know how. Even if that means never following ORION. Even if it means following it everyday. Even if it means completely ignoring RDO and ORION. Remember.......they are just "tools." Ignore the stop counts. Don't let the increased stops get to you and make you feel like you need to speed up to compensate. Let them be the ones to figure out how to solve whatever problems arise due to you having too much work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. 10 point

Add at least 2 eight hr requests a month ,(monday & friday) and life gets even better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Use your lunch break as your dispatch tool. Between the 3rd and 5th hr. Get on 9.5 list. As above ----use you 8 hr requests

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  11. 10 point

10 min break after your earlier (10:30) airs are delivered, lunch between the 3rd and 6th hr (here), then last 10 min break before your pick ups start.

Get ready for an ojs ride, but the excess commercial stops will come off if you persevere.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. timesup

timesup Member

And as they tell us there is no such thing as an 8hr day,it's now called relief of overtime.

13. Thanks for all the input, I have been using the 8 hr request , but again when I do they dispatch me, not the route, last Fri . i preloaded, and went on my route with a 8 hr request, I had 151 stops.Last night I had 180 , and I was told Orion said I would be done at 712, well I punched out at 820... 2 more this week and I will get on that 9.5 list.The union doesn't do crap why do i even pay them.

14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If you are not on the 9/5 list, what can they do??

15. Edd Orion

Edd Orion Member

File for 2 hours penalty pay, if u didn't get ur 8 hr req

16. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

This sounds crazy.

17. upslarry

upslarry New Member

ORION is not a tool to reduce miles. Period. It's just another way to control us. Follow ORION 100% every day. The system is awful. Take their money. Get on the 9.5 list if you don't want the O/T

18. Oh Shoot

Oh Shoot Well-Known Member

In my hood you get on 9.5 list and the work never changes but get more so you get paid. They pay all 9.5 grievances no questions asked

19. ok update lastnight makes my 3rd 9.5, in a week, i was told to start it has to be 4 9,5 in a week, anyways , if so it will be tonight, Im getting 2 hrs of OT a night

20. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

3 in a week u can file