ORION is creating its own "METRICS MONSTERS" and the DM's are unhappy?

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
You'll have to deliver the ground before you get the air stop off, then it won't count as a break. Be careful with that though!

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

Oh, and what does my sup say about me following Orion and getting paid more for doing less??? I get recognized with a pair of socks for being Orion compliant.

pics, or it never happened (says Indie...)

we got a similar program, but we will use some common sense to break trace as needed; over at HD, as long as we have delivered everything in our package cars for that they, management will leave us alone

express is a different monster & they're mirroring your "speedbumps" with that software

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The issue of this thread is the "METRIC MONSTERS" that are created.

UPS doesnt want us to back unnecessarily and that has been our training for years. Now, they create a system that not only instructs us to turn around in the middle of a residential street, but multiplies that instruction all day long.

Of course, anyone with a functioning mind would know that the backing frequencies would rise, yet, no one at UPS seems to correlate ORION to the increase in backing events. They then start a "campaign" to reduce backing by coming to the drivers and insisting on a 20% decrease without fixing ORION.

So, ORION creates a backing monster, and the company starts another program to fight ORION.

Its like that with all the other metrics, like spohr, paid days, service failures...etc etc...

Create one monster and start another monster to fight it.

TOS.

Griff

The issue of this thread is the "METRIC MONSTERS" that are created.

UPS doesnt want us to back unnecessarily and that has been our training for years. Now, they create a system that not only instructs us to turn around in the middle of a residential street, but multiplies that instruction all day long.

Of course, anyone with a functioning mind would know that the backing frequencies would rise, yet, no one at UPS seems to correlate ORION to the increase in backing events. They then start a "campaign" to reduce backing by coming to the drivers and insisting on a 20% decrease without fixing ORION.

So, ORION creates a backing monster, and the company starts another program to fight ORION.

Its like that with all the other metrics, like spohr, paid days, service failures...etc etc...

Create one monster and start another monster to fight it.

TOS.

It's called justifying their existence. If they print out enough papers with numbers and sling enough warning letters around the executives down in Atlanta might allow them to stay for another year for less pay and more responsibility. Operations management will be reduced ten fold eventually, all the technology is to replace their jobs not ours. They can pay some Indian in Pakistan $6/hr to do OJS rides on a whole center all day. Think about just how useless they are now, they make zero real decisions, they are glorified conference call operators. They are going bye bye! There will be 1 manager/sup in a center eventually, regardless of its size.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The bottom line is this;

Threatening an employee with discipline for failing to generate an arbitrary ORION compliance metric is an Art 37 violation and a grievance should be filed whenever it occurs.

kingOFchester

You'll have to deliver the ground before you get the air stop off, then it won't count as a break. Be careful with that though!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Why would I do that? I start with whatever is stop 1. Then stop 2. And so fourth. Once 10:10 hits and all my NDA's come to the top, I do them. Then, I follow stop for stop. Takes all the thinking out of the equation. It is actually the best thing for me as a driver. Bring on the $$$

It's called justifying their existence. If they print out enough papers with numbers and sling enough warning letters around the executives down in Atlanta might allow them to stay for another year for less pay and more responsibility. Operations management will be reduced ten fold eventually, all the technology is to replace their jobs not ours. They can pay some Indian in Pakistan $6/hr to do OJS rides on a whole center all day. Think about just how useless they are now, they make zero real decisions, they are glorified conference call operators. They are going bye bye! There will be 1 manager/sup in a center eventually, regardless of its size.

Sent using BrownCafe App
"pay some Indian in Pakistan"?

Foamer Pyle

Everyone in my center is on the 9.5 list, and the company is still allowing plenty of drivers to go over 3 days. We do not have ORION yet, but if what you folks say is true, I will be enjoying more grievance checks when ORION arrives. Everyone should be on the 9.5 list. Why would you choose to cheat yourself out of additional income? The company does not seem to be backing off the hours. I guess the triple pay is still cheaper than putting extra routes on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Indecisi0n

ORION compliance is an invalid directive. Threatening discipline for failing to generate an arbitrary compliance metric is harassment and over-supervision because it directly conflicts with other instructions we have been given.
Your not generating anything, just following orders. If my DM directs me to delivery the route by numerical order guess what? I will. No matter how stupid it might be I follow their directions. It's so worth it in the end when everything goes to @$@# and they ask "Why did you deliver this way?"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your not generating anything, just following orders. If my DM directs me to delivery the route by numerical order guess what? I will. No matter how stupid it might be I follow their directions. It's so worth it in the end when everything goes to @$@# and they ask "Why did you deliver this way?"
If I work as directed and follow ORION---I will have late air, missed stops, pickups completed 4 or 5 hours out of time frame, and I will face discipline for the service failures.

If I don't follow ORION and make service on everything---I will face discipline for not generating an 85% compliance metric.

It is a catch-22. An impossible situation. Any action I take to obey one management directive will automatically cause me to be in violation of another one. This situation is a clear violation of Art 37 of the labor agreement which prohibits over supervision, harassment and coercion.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If I work as directed and follow ORION---I will have late air, missed stops, pickups completed 4 or 5 hours out of time frame, and I will face discipline for the service failures.

If I don't follow ORION and make service on everything---I will face discipline for not generating an 85% compliance metric.

It is a catch-22. An impossible situation. Any action I take to obey one management directive will automatically cause me to be in violation of another one. This situation is a clear violation of Art 37 of the labor agreement which prohibits over supervision, harassment and coercion.

rubbish,if you communicate with your management team early in the day regarding possible service failures,missed pick ups etc you have placed the ball in their court and as I have been told more than once "management's job is to manage the work"
your arse will be covered.
WHY am i telling YOU of all people this? you have been around far long enough to know this. You simply dont want to change the way you run your route <shrug>
In my center doing what you are doing would be a clear violation of Working as Directed and not representing the best interests of the Company

I work as directed follow orion. It is a catch 22 if I follow trace its to many miles if I break trace I don't run correct % either way I am in the office I choose the money trace!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Indecisi0n

How is it a catch 22? You text the office "I will have late air if I keep following Orion". They will have you break. Then go about Orion, when your going to have missed business you text the office again. Afterwards break and repeat. Do this day in and day out. Enjoy the cash.