Orlando night club shooting

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
you can let me know. my bet is it was hours afterwards.

of course i dont hear too many americans talking about all the buildings israel blows up in occupied palestine. or even the buildings america blows up all around the world; in iraq for example. a little moral consistency would go a long ways...
Maybe if Palestinians weren't shooting rockets into Israel and blowing themselves up in coffee shops they'd have a few less cruise missiles coming through their front door.

Bottom rung

Constitutional argument gets old as we sit on a day where another 50 people are dead and 53 more shot up.
More people probably died in gang violence this weekend. Won't hear about that though... Don't get me wrong, what happened in Orlando is horrible, tragic, and despicable. Oh, that silly constitution protects us law abiding people from our tyrannical goverment. If he were to get a nics denial for being on a watch list, it wouldn't have stopped him and he'd have gotten firearms another way.

rickyb

Maybe if Palestinians weren't shooting rockets into Israel and blowing themselves up in coffee shops they'd have a few less cruise missiles coming through their front door.
its currently 300 palestinian deaths for every one israeli. and you might consider fighting back too if someone was occupying your land and sucking the wealth out of it, and killing.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
More people probably died in gang violence this weekend. Won't hear about that though... Don't get me wrong, what happened in Orlando is horrible, tragic, and despicable. Oh, that silly constitution protects us law abiding people from our tyrannical goverment. If he were to get a nics denial for being on a watch list, it wouldn't have stopped him and he'd have gotten firearms another way.
It's not 1776 anymore. Tyrannical government argument has been beaten to death. The government doesn't actively hunt down and eliminate citizens who go against it.

He may have found other ways. But the thing is we allowed him to buy it legally. That is pathetic. How many of these shootings are we going to allow to happen before we make it more difficult for guns to be legally purchased?

Every time we have one of these massacres where people are killed with legally purchased firearms the narrative is always the same "He would have found another way!"

Yeah, that makes it better. We just saved him a few steps. Great.

Nobody needs an AR-15 to protect themselves in America. This isn't Somalia.

its currently 300 palestinian deaths for every one israeli. and you might consider fighting back too if someone was occupying your land and sucking the wealth out of it, and killing.
Perhaps helping your First Nation people should be a priority.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
None of the Palestinians committing terrorist acts were alive when pre 1947. It was never their land.

truckofdreams

Back to the topic at hand.

Would a metal detector, either fixed or hand held, coupled with a quick pat down, at the entrance have prevented this?
Handguns for sale in America for self defense or for sport or rifles for hunting I think are fine but to prevent this maybe we shouldn't sell assault riffles that can take out 100 defenses Americans just saying

rickyb

None of the Palestinians committing terrorist acts were alive when pre 1947. It was never their land.
i dunno go look up norm finkelstein or chomsky.

israel should stop slaughtering palestinians. were not asking for parity, were asking for prevention. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

there should be a 2 state solution.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
i dunno go look up norm finkelstein or chomsky.

israel should stop slaughtering palestinians. were not asking for parity, were asking for prevention. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

there should be a 2 state solution.
Maybe the Israelis will open up if the terrorists quit it. But they're not intelligent enough to realize that.