"Out of Sight/Weather " being phased out for DR's?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had a Safety Ride today,and when making DR stops my On Car told me Out of Sight/Weather will not be a requirement much longer because all that is needed is to show the package was delivered to the correct address via GPS records. I asked him what if I were negligent and the package became damaged from weather as a result and he told me long as the GPS records show the package was delivered to the correct address it would be difficult for the consignee to file a claim. .............. I'm going to keep bagging and Rear Dooring for the time being .Anyone else heard of this?

CFLBrown

Have you seen the GPS data lately? I've seen quite a few DFU's (not mine) and the stops are showing that they were scanned blocks away from the actual house and then stop competed blocks away from the scan point.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a Safety Ride today,and when making DR stops my On Car told me Out of Sight/Weather will not be a requirement much longer because all that is needed is to show the package was delivered to the correct address via GPS records. I asked him what if I were negligent and the package became damaged from weather as a result and he told me long as the GPS records show the package was delivered to the correct address it would be difficult for the consignee to file a claim. .............. I'm going to keep bagging and Rear Dooring for the time being .Anyone else heard of this?

Sounds to me like he is just trying to get you to cut corners so that he will look better on a SPORH report. I would ask him to put it in writing that you will not ever be held responsible for any DR claims before making any changes to your methods . I have found that the BS tends to come to a screeching halt when you ask them to put it in writing.

over9five

Staff member
Sounds to me like he is just trying to get you to cut corners so that he will look better on a SPORH report. I would ask him to put it in writing that you will not ever be held responsible for any DR claims before making any changes to your methods . I have found that the BS tends to come to a screeching halt when you ask them to put it in writing.
Exactly what I thought when I read it.

HomeDelivery

so someone from the OP's area confirm his statement? just wanted to know if this was a regional thing...

I had a fellow HD driver just plop a big box of motorcycle parts in a neighbor's front step... in plain view from the street & not bother to put it further in away from the step. 50-70% chance rain so i went over and knock on the door for that driver.

we are also supposed to leave a DoorTag at every DR as well... this lazy guy didn't & is making my division look bad in my neighborhood.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's with the leaving of the door tag at EVERY STOP?!?! This has puzzled me for some time.

Me too. Usually it is stuck to the box, so what's the use????

It's kind of like writing "I will leave an Info Notice" 50 times on the blackboard.

For the longest time they either weren't leaving or they were leaving incomplete notices so now they are required to leave one with every DR they make. The funny part is when they leave them on top of the box.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What's with the leaving of the door tag at EVERY STOP?!?! This has puzzled me for some time.

When I follow a FedEx Ground delivery to a common address and encounter one of the notices adjacent to our DR'd packages I always remove the unnecessary notice.
The only consolation is seeing that the other company is also riddled with ridiculous mandates.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When is the last time any of you have had a DR audit? Years ago a supervisor would come out and take a page of our written delivery records and then go back and audit 10 DR stops. I realize with the technology improvements that they know where we have been now and could check at any time without our knowledge, but I haven't had any feedback regarding DR in many years.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When is the last time any of you have had a DR audit? Years ago a supervisor would come out and take a page of our written delivery records and then go back and audit 10 DR stops. I realize with the technology improvements that they know where we have been now and could check at any time without our knowledge, but I haven't had any feedback regarding DR in many years.

The amount of claims is so small compared to the amount of DRs we do it must be considered just a cost of doing business. I like hiding my pkgs on the porch behind the USPS or Fedex pkgs that are in the wide open.

HomeDelivery

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/hd-guys-what-do-you-fill-out-your-driver-release-doortags-342139/

the subcontractor of that route/ service delivery area will not have to pay for the claim if a doortag is scanned at the stop (a little over $100 per legit complaint).

--------------

Now, what the individual driver does with the tag after it's scanned is up to him/her.

some have a trash bin in their package car to just throw them away

others leave it blank on the box when it's DR'ed to the front door (which i might do from now on only at front door releases)

I emailed fedex.com about some drivers not leaving a doortag & they replied that they usually have to do it for every stop <shrugs>

DR audits are performed with some of the temp help during peak season & i've seen some of them tailing vets to make sure they lock up their vehicles during a stop, taking phone pix of drivers' DR practices, etc... I had a few "tail" me but never had a "check ride" since i started in 2006

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
&quot;Out of Sight/Weather :censored2: being phased out for DR's?

This may sound like science fiction but I believe most of us will live to see "live tracking". GPS will be built into each individual label and customers will be able to watch exactly where there package is.