Overtime

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is there not a time where you can just go home? I'm a shifter so I don't know much about package or driving for feeders but I know after a certain amount of hours I can just go home and they can't say anything to me. I have done this multiple times. I usually do stick around but if I need to go, I go.
Yep when all the work is done.

I thought that peak was over 2 months ago! We are working more overtime now than we did in Nov/Dec. There is no end in sight. 60 plus hours a week. People are calling in sick just to get time with their families.
Is this happening everywhere or is our management team just screwing us to get bonuses???
Peak is over, that's why you have no helper.

QKRSTKR

A lot here depends on when your run gets done. If I want more work I usually have to ask for extra when I get back. Usually easy rail turn.

UPSGUY72

Of course I think it matters that's why I am saying something! I have 21 years and 3 months safe driving. The company that puts us in harms way doesn't think it matters. Go to the CDC website and look up Fatigue and Overtime in the Work Place. Every time that you go over 8 hours you are putting yourself at risk. This is what study after study says. Like I said we are averaging 1 accident a week. The fix is easy hire more people...

Don't take this the wrong way... I commend you on your 21 + years of safe driving keep it up... However in the end you don't get a bonus when you retire for safe driving....

thessalonian13

Beats having no job like close to 90 million currently with this Obama economy!
Wow!!!! I did not know that the unemployment rate was over 60% With about 150 million or so people eligible to work (give or take a few million) and 90 million of them out work, I think we are doing quite well. (Tongue in cheek)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Actually that number is wrong. Their not counting the people who have given up on work, people who are off unemployment and the people who were self employed that no longer work.

PT Car Washer

And how about all the people that work in the underground economy? Cash under the table. I try and throw some work to those people all I can. Car repairs, home repairs, yard work, etc. I also made some good money working for my self. Never made $30/hr but I liked the boss a lot better.

codysho

Yep this is what it is. Management giving it too you good & long past peak. Getting production out of you with out a helper

Sent using BrownCafe App