P/T supervisor starting pay?

BMWSauber1991

PT supervision is best for young persons going to college (tuition reimbursement), benefiting from the short-term pay bump & experience on a resume but intending on moving on within 5 years.

This is another thing to keep in mind, most people do exactly this. Become PT sup, go to college, and get the hell out.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
This is another thing to keep in mind, most people do exactly this. Become PT sup, go to college, and get the hell out.

I've worked with a couple hundred PT supervisors in my career (at the very least - includes Preload/Local Sort) and can count the number who've graduated college on one hand :).

Most of our current PT supervisors are/will be career PT sups, waiting for the promotion that will happen any day now...

BMWSauber1991

I've worked with a couple hundred PT supervisors in my career (at the very least - includes Preload/Local Sort) and can count the number who've graduated college on one hand :).

Most of our current PT supervisors are/will be career PT sups, waiting for the promotion that will happen any day now...

Maybe that's why there not getting promoted, no college degree ;)

kingOFchester

My compassionate side feels sorry for people that buy into the dream that UPS tries to sell part timers as far as going into management. Not everyone is on the internet and the BC forums. I have seen people promoted within months of their start date. I understand that people need to be responsible for their choices in life, but can't help to feel sorry for those who bought into a dream to be a full time supervisor.

Hello everyone,

I've been with UPS for a couple years as an AOT (administrative, non-union position) and recently I finished my maaps process to become a part time supervisor.

After speaking with my full time supervisor today he told me that I would likely receive the P/T sup job, but that there would also be a couple of AOT jobs opening up that I should consider.

He discussed the pros and cons of each position with me, but the only thing he wasn't sure about was starting pay for p/t supervisors.

I asked a few sups that I work with and received a few different answers. Some told me that they received a raise of 20-30% others said that you start at a fixed rate (but didn't know the amount)

Could anyone clarify this for me? I don't plan on making my decision solely based off the money, but it sure is a factor :P

Thanks guys!
One million dollars.

kingOFchester

One million dollars.

qm.gif
qm.gif

working up a sweat

PT supervision is a dead end. The carrot they offer you may be a 5 dollar raise for newbies. Consider that your insurance is worth up to 30 dollars an hour for a PTer working 10 hours a week with a family. Get 5 years in and get vested into a pension plan. PT sups get a lousy insurance plan compared to a Teamster. Put in your time in loading and sorting. It is worth it. I know scores of teamsters who work UPS PT as a 2nd job, like me. You also get an extra boost in pay in your other FT day job not paying for their bennies. Pension and health insurance at UPS are a golden nugget to us. The time and physical labor strain is worth it. I will never go to the "Dark Side".

cynic

PT supervision is a dead end. The carrot they offer you may be a 5 dollar raise for newbies. Consider that your insurance is worth up to 30 dollars an hour for a PTer working 10 hours a week with a family. Get 5 years in and get vested into a pension plan. PT sups get a lousy insurance plan compared to a Teamster. Put in your time in loading and sorting. It is worth it. I know scores of teamsters who work UPS PT as a 2nd job, like me. You also get an extra boost in pay in your other FT day job not paying for their bennies. Pension and health insurance at UPS are a golden nugget to us. The time and physical labor strain is worth it. I will never go to the "Dark Side".

Indeed it is. Knowing I'm providing my family I love with (currently) one of the best health care plans in the nation by working at UPS PT on top of 55 hours a week at my day job is what keeps me going strong. Wow, two positive things out of my keyboard today - it's been a long week.