Package car side view mirrors.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
I cracked a mirror on a tree limb during a rain storm. I called the center and my center manager answered the phone-(the old days)- and I told him I had cracked a mirror and before I could say it happened hitting a tree limb he said "You did crack it while adjusting the mirror, didn't you?". I paused in thought and, instead of lying, I asked if I should write it up that way. Yes was the answer.
Once, bouncing down a washboard unpaved road I looked over at my mirror and the glass was gone.
What the heck? 5 seconds ago it was there and it had just fallen out. I called the center and they patched me over to the mechanic. I told him what happened and he sent me down a replace mirror the next day.
Never heard a word from anyone after these two incidents.

I broke a mirror one with a similar situation and called my Supe to report it and he said the same thing. You broke the mirrior while adjusting it? I was like no i said it caught the pine branches sticking out into the street to which he replied. You broke the mirror by adjusting it? Which i then caught on to and said is that how i write it up and he said yes. Too funny u had the same reply.

Tony31yrs

I always "broke my mirror while adjusting it". A few times that was actually true. One time, a piece of the glass scratched me and almost cut my wrist so I had no qualms about writing it up this way. The mechanics would just replace it and nothing else was ever said. Besides, the car wash and lineup workers would routinely crack mirrors while parking the cars. I just hated when they broke a mirror and didn't have the mechanics replace them.

bumped

I broke a mirror one with a similar situation and called my Supe to report it and he said the same thing. You broke the mirrior while adjusting it? I was like no i said it caught the pine branches sticking out into the street to which he replied. You broke the mirror by adjusting it? Which i then caught on to and said is that how i write it up and he said yes. Too funny u had the same reply.

My problem is that I don't trust my supervisors, and would believe I was being set up. I'd rather just take the punishment of the accident along with the ride along, and the punishment of a weeks worth of paperwork for it. I could see being set up for being dishonest.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Originally Posted by wot_racing
While I was trying to qualify, I was hurrying up a narrow drive in an 800... I smacked a tree with my mirror shattering it.. The PT sup and mechanic fixed it without a word.. A couple of days later, I did it again on another narrow drive.. Again, it was replaced without incident... About a week later, on the same drive as the first incident, I did it again.. I was pulled into the office the next morning, got a stern talking too, that I was OBVIOUSLY trying to hurry too fast, and to slow down because the next one would be an accident, and I would not qualify.. I have not broken a mirror since....

Looking back, I was a run and gunner, and the mirrors were a sign that the next one could be a small kid or another vehicle.. I have learned a lot since that time...

C'mon buddy, your name says it all. Some of us know what wot means.

Maybe change name to 3M.

3 mirror, Lol.