Paid Birthdays and Anniversary

BobJ

I saw on UPSers that there is a category for paid Birthdays and Work Anniversary.

Is this from a previous contract? or are some people getting paid for them?
Just like some locals have more paid holidays than others. ie Columbus day.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I want to hear from anyone still getting this paid.

My co-worker says it's never been a Union benefit, only Management.
Years ago when I first started we always got a paid day off for our birthday. Eventually they took it away and just gave us another option day. Too many guys were complaining when their birthday fell on a weekend.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I saw on UPSers that there is a category for paid Birthdays and Work Anniversary.

Is this from a previous contract? or are some people getting paid for them?
Just like some locals have more paid holidays than others. ie Columbus day.
@BobJ : I know for my Local, a long time ago things like paid Birthdays, Work Aniversary, and some others were combined to create the Option Vacation Week.

I want to hear from anyone still getting this paid.

My co-worker says it's never been a Union benefit, only Management.
Years ago when I first started we always got a paid day off for our birthday. Eventually they took it away and just gave us another option day. Too many guys were complaining when their birthday fell on a weekend.
If that was the case @Future would have got an extra 100 days off already

Zowert

My local used to get your company/anniversary date off. An old timer told me they did away with it in the 90’s. That’s all I know. I think before personal option days you got your birthday off and anniversary in some places.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My local used to get your company/anniversary date off. An old timer told me they did away with it in the 90’s. That’s all I know. I think before personal option days you got your birthday off and anniversary in some places.
Birthday off was a long time ago.