Panel hearing for third wreck

Seanohio1212

So third avoidable wreck on 9 months. First one mirror struck branch second backed up to commercial door, door came down hit rested on bumper. Zero damage first wreck second just mirror. Third wreck on large incline emergency brake on wasn’t in truck due to electrical issue and truck died so I was putting out triangles and truck slipped gear. Mechanic report stated brake shows lining complete gone and e brake was not working and failed. Truck had all kids of electrical and other issues. Manger said I let it roll back and go in ditch but tellamatics shows the truck was off and the longitude and latitude report shows truck never moved an inch. Panel hearing Monday. Any thoughts or advice

Shorts365

Was it a manual truck? Seems like the only manuals I ever see, which is increasingly rare, are ancient and decrepit. I think you’ll survive panel and going forward you should refuse to operate anything remotely questionable.

Seanohio1212

I have no idea. But if the first wreck had no damage why was it even considered a wreck?
Was it a manual truck? Seems like the only manuals I ever see, which is increasingly rare, are ancient and decrepit. I think you’ll survive panel and going forward you should refuse to operate anything remotely questionable.
Not manual , truck was 400k miles wires hanging everywhere, steering column not covered , gas gauge broken and many write ups on fab and electrical issues. Had to key start it

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This is an incredibly embarassing situation for whoever wanted you at panel and if I were in your shoes heaven forbid I would be asking why we can't have a long discussion about what the write-up manager has done and if it deserves a chance of their own termination. Because as far as I can tell they are looking for a 1 in 1000 chance the arbitrator says yes and have nothing to lose on their behalf.

Also for everybody else, stop parking on inclines if you can, I don't trust these runner-down cars. I can tell you my first instinct in this situation would be to send a diad message "VEHICLE BROKE DOWN ON HILL, ROLLAWAY RISK"

Last edited:

reginald95

You should consider going on stress less and allow the 9 month period lapse. Sounds like another accident is in the cards soon. Don’t risk it.