Panel hearing for third wreck

johnnybgood

So third avoidable wreck on 9 months. First one mirror struck branch second backed up to commercial door, door came down hit rested on bumper. Zero damage first wreck second just mirror. Third wreck on large incline emergency brake on wasn’t in truck due to electrical issue and truck died so I was putting out triangles and truck slipped gear. Mechanic report stated brake shows lining complete gone and e brake was not working and failed. Truck had all kids of electrical and other issues. Manger said I let it roll back and go in ditch but tellamatics shows the truck was off and the longitude and latitude report shows truck never moved an inch. Panel hearing Monday. Any thoughts or advice
The first one shouldn't be considered an accident. I hit one of those steel lines that hold up poles and it pushed the pass mirror in so hard it shattered the glass but my supe simply just told me to write it up as hit a branch and nothing came out of it. I guess if you got a dick supe he could push it to an accident. I guess this depends on if they like you or not. This is when it pays to have a good relationship with your supes.

Now if you don't pull in a traffic side mirror and a vehicle hits it that's an automatic accident 'though.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The first one shouldn't be considered an accident. I hit one of those steel lines that hold up poles and it pushed the pass mirror in so hard it shattered the glass but my supe simply just told me to write it up as hit a branch and nothing came out of it. I guess if you got a dick supe he could push it to an accident. I guess this depends on if they like you or not. This is when it pays to have a good relationship with your supes.

Now if you don't pull in a traffic side mirror and a vehicle hits it that's an automatic accident 'though.
Is it? I heard they can't force you to tuck your mirror because of repetitive injury risk.

PCM Troll

Is it? I heard they can't force you to tuck your mirror because of repetitive injury risk.
They weren't talking about the mirror
1000000605.jpg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I got rear ended few months ago. Truck was fine but young girl crunched the passenger side of her hood and fender. Told management I was uninjured but swept it under the rug because young girl said she wouldn’t file a police report.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

Pushing the mirror out on a highway is pretty fricking dangerous. They are so concerned of a vehicle clipping it and they KNOW that’s a possibility, Imagine…. Someones arm being there when that happens.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The first one shouldn't be considered an accident. I hit one of those steel lines that hold up poles and it pushed the pass mirror in so hard it shattered the glass but my supe simply just told me to write it up as hit a branch and nothing came out of it.

So, your supe tells you to lie.... and you do it ?

I guess this depends on if they like you or not. This is when it pays to have a good relationship with your supes.

What are the best kneepads to wear, when you are fellating a management person ?

The difference between a brown nose and a kiss arse.... is depth perception.

Wow.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always carried a spare mirror with me. More than once I replaced one on route.
McMaster-Carr sells the mirror glass, not that any of us would do that! Usually, mine were broken by "adjusting" them with a tree branch. Another pro tip is to always remove bark and leaves from the bracket. Circle of Honor driver, 29.5 years.

johnnybgood

1. So, your supe tells you to lie.... and you do it ?

2. What are the best kneepads to wear, when you are fellating a management person ?

The difference between a brown nose and a kiss arse.... is depth perception.

Wow.

1. Depends on the situation.

2. You don't have to brown nose, just don't be a dick to them.