Part Time Pension

U

Updog07

I was wondering if any of you know what the rate is for pensions for part timers in the south Atlantic division. I know the full timers get $100/month for every year worked.

U

Updog07

Is it your goal to retire as a PTer?
Not sure if I'll ever go full time. I just flunked driving school, I've been PT at UPS for 9 years, there are no combo jobs.
I have to stay here because of the insurance, especially considering how is the insurance situation is in the US. So I'm just wondering what kind of pension I will get if retire part time from here.

PT Car Washer

Not sure if I'll ever go full time. I just flunked driving school, I've been PT at UPS for 9 years, there are no combo jobs.
I have to stay here because of the insurance, especially considering how is the insurance situation is in the US. So I'm just wondering what kind of pension I will get if retire part time from here.
$60 a month for every PT year up to a maximum of $2100/month.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
55.00 per month up until 2007 $60.00 per month from 2008 forward 750 hrs. per year for a fill vesting credit. Pro rated for less. I have 18 in with full vesting credit for all . I will not make 25 . 3 more gets me to 65 It gets tougher every night.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Got the estimate in mail over the weekend. $848.00 per month right now at age 62 (pro rated for early retirement) . Going to hang in until 65 when it will be $1,215.00 . Not bad for part time. Maybe they will kick it up a small amount next contract.

clean hairy

Got the estimate in mail over the weekend. $848.00 per month right now at age 62 (pro rated for early retirement) . Going to hang in until 65 when it will be $1,215.00 . Not bad for part time. Maybe they will kick it up a small amount next contract.
How many years you have in?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many years you have in?

55.00 per month up until 2007 $60.00 per month from 2008 forward 750 hrs. per year for a fill vesting credit. Pro rated for less. I have 18 in with full vesting credit for all . I will not make 25 . 3 more gets me to 65 It gets tougher every night.

It's amazing what you can learn when you take the time to read all of the posts in a thread.

How do buy outs work I been with ups for 12 years and I need a transfer but I don't think I'm going to be approved for it so I'm considering the buy out see how I'm gonna have to start a new job any way

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
2100 part if u stay 35 years part time 30 years is 1800, where I'm at. goes down from there 1500 age 60 25 years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
To the o.p. , it would help if you could identify your region or local since the rules vary between areas .
What you have been given is each posters own rules as they currently lie .

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
  • ARTICLE 34: Enhanced part-time pension under UPS Pension Plan
    • 35 years and out, any age = $2,275
    • 30 years and out, any age = $1,950
    • 25 years and age 60 = $1,625
    • 25 years and out, any age = $1,325