Pay for thanksgiving

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I will use little words just for you:

We do not get paid time and a half for working the day after Thanksgiving in my center.
Dude (sorry, I couldn't resist just this once), you're being screwed. We have always gotten time and a half for Black Friday. That's about the only thing that makes it worthwhile going to work. Especially since I would rather be shopping. :happy-very:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Dude (sorry, I couldn't resist just this once), you're being screwed. We have always gotten time and a half for Black Friday. That's about the only thing that makes it worthwhile going to work. Especially since I would rather be shopping. :happy-very:

You are also getting screwed, although to a lesser extent. We get double time here with an 8 hour guarantee!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You are also getting screwed, although to a lesser extent. We get double time here with an 8 hour guarantee!
I know and that is contract language difference. The only thing that can be done about that is change the language. As far as the 8 hour guarantee, thanks but I will take hours worked and time and a half. I want to go home. 8:45 start tomorrow, going in early to help load.

old levi's

blank space
We're all gonna pay for Thanksgiving come Monday!
Just saying...................

Note to self: Retire on the Wed. before Thanksgiving. Sweet

What'dyabringmetoday???

Friday is straight time here. They are forcing from the bottom up. One of the FT guys said he asked to work and was told they wanted to use the casuals and lower seniority guys. He is going to press the issue as we have always been able to work in the past. I normally work that day but am on vacation that week. It is such easy money.
Your business agent believes in "flexibility", so they will probably do as they please.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It's not an option anywhere. That's National Master language.
I am honestly not trying to start an argument, but would love to know which article you are referencing. Vacations are covered in the supplement and I do not recall ever reading language in the master on this. Either way, why would anyone want to work through their vacation?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am honestly not trying to start an argument, but would love to know which article you are referencing. Vacations are covered in the supplement and I do not recall ever reading language in the master on this. Either way, why would anyone want to work through their vacation?
It's better than being home.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know. That's ok. I will have to look. The answer to your question is simple - money. Why would a driver not want to be paid twice for 1 days work?:happy2:

Greetings, also while on the topic of holiday pay. I'm a new holiday driver assistant.
I was told by my driver that I'd get a check in Wedsneday then he said I could go to the hub and pick it up on Friday...

I drove out there this morning and it was closed.
What's the deal with that? Is that procedeure or is my driver lieing?
I mean who get's paid 3 days after payday?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Greetings, also while on the topic of holiday pay. I'm a new holiday driver assistant.
I was told by my driver that I'd get a check in Wedsneday then he said I could go to the hub and pick it up on Friday...

I drove out there this morning and it was closed.
What's the deal with that? Is that procedeure or is my driver lieing?
I mean who get's paid 3 days after payday?

Payday was today. Your center should have been open and your check should have been available today.