Peak 2016 2.0

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wornoutupser, Jan 6, 2016.

1. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

My center got hit with extreme volume today. I beat my stop count for peak day along with a large number of drivers here. Central Florida is getting smashed. I cant wait till the 9.5 list kicks back in!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Does your supplement say it's not in effect November 1st thru January 15th? The master says not in effect in the months of November and December.

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's back in now!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

My local says that there was a verbal agreement last year that extends it till Jan 15.

5. underworked1

underworked1 Active Member

This is good for everybody. You get monster checks, the young guys aren't laid off, and ups makes bank. The better ups is doing, the better our position at the next contract table is. It's easy for them to say they can't afford pension increase or pay increase because they are making less money. But if they are way above projections we get some negotiation room.

Edit: I guess it's not good for management. They have a lot of late nights ahead of them. This time last year they were all dipping out after 5 or 6. Glad I'm not salary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. By The Book

When did you get on the list?

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Jan 10th.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It has been busy the past two days but nothing like what you guys are describing here.

9. By The Book

Do you have different language in your supplement?, or is it the same as the master language?

10. By The Book

Nice!

11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

M
    master as far as I know.

Don't know of any language that extends 9.5 to mid January.

12. By The Book

Look in your supplement, for my own curiosity, if you could.

13. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

We've been heavy here, too. Still running all the Christmas temp drivers, and unusually high stop counts. If it keeps up, I vote those peak hired be offered permenant!

14. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

Southern here. Says only November and December.

At the end of article 37 it says "The provisions of this section 1(c) shall supersede any language on "9.5" in the Central Region Supplement.

15. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

hahahaha, a verbal agreement? im going to tell my management that the UPS head shed in atlanta agreed that i should work no more than 5 hours a day with my guaranteed 8 hours pay. it was a verbal agreement, i swear it happened

16. By The Book

Good for you! That's good news.

17. BostonBo

BostonBo Active Member

I got on the 9.5 list on January 7, 2016. Center manager not happy at all. Oh well.

18. Grey

Grey Active Member

Same here. I understand that it makes their jobs a lot tougher but we do the dirty work. Everyone is stressed.

19. Brown Down

Brown Down Member

Been heavy here as well but our center manager has kept the routes on and has kept it very manageable.

20. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

It's been extremely heavy here. We were heavier this week then some weeks in peak.

Thankfully I have an 8 hour day today and 2 weeks vacation starting next week.

It's a good day