Peak Fail 2.0 Has Made Headlines

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Overpaid Union Thug, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

2. rod

rod retired and happy

and so it begins

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

"Isolated"........LOL! AND it has nothing to do with not being prepared. Oh not at all. LOL.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

And the fail continues......

5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

108 years and it's always a surprise...SMH

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. 35years

35years Active Member

The fact that the delays have not made headlines is more concerning. It might indicate that UPS is now expected to fail when it comes to on-time delivery during peak.

Personally I think it is immoral that the decision makers at the top decided to "cut costs" at the expense of rank and file UPSers this year just for higher margins. Part timers, drivers and supervisors/center managers included. My children deserve to see their father each night!

Profits before people. 3 Billion isn't enough profit. Lets work them 60 hours.

7. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

It appears we might be getting snow a week from Friday.
    If it happens that will make it quite interesting......

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Grey

Grey Active Member

Eleven more days!!

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You left off the possibility of working on the 20th.

10. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Failure is lucrative.

11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Our management team is doing a fine job!

12. AllOnTheHorses

AllOnTheHorses Active Member

Local news in southern region.. morning news had segment about ups delivery delays due to volume.

What a joke.
    I have an idea.. put more drivers on the road.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. jaker

jaker trolling

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh , the people up above are already home they don't have to worry about not seeing their families

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

Well, nothing is going to change now. With only 11 days left, yes maybe 12, they're going to try and muddle through.
    Max out everybody's hours and go for it. Especially with the weather being so nice across much of the country.
    I was told by an old manager friend who is back for peak this year that they felt they over hired last year and it was
    not "cost effective". Rather take a chance on a little bad press for a short time than spend too much money.

15. Jabbawock

Jabbawock X35PKG/HR

In my hub, we hired a lot of new drivers. About five right off of the streets too. So far just this year alone, we have about 15 new drivers in my center alone. However; Since Monday, Dec. 7, we have been doing 200k volume and it was not enough. Thousands of packages gets rolled everyday. Everyone has to chip in. Managers/Supervisors/FT/PT, makes no difference. We even had to get a bus to pick up helpers 100 miles away. FT/PT Sups, Mgrs and FT/PT drivers from all over the state have arrived to help as well. Even the Division Manager is present everyday.

I have worked 14-15 hours everyday, and even Saturday too. Have worked 72 hours last week. In addition, I have heard that Xmas and New Years week, we may even work on Sundays.

I hope that its not this BAD wherever you mates are located.

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Easiest day I've had all peak. Might be off before 4.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Do you honestly think executive leadership leaves at 4 or something? If you do, you have a really perverted sense of how things work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah they might leave the golf course at 4. No way are they in the office past noon. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  19. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

They used one person not getting their signature required package for the while article?

That's the news???

The media is going to say we failed whether we do or not. They aren't going to report anything positive. It doesn't sell.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

This has been going on all across the us. It's not just one customer. We were backed up 40 or so trailers at one point at my hub. She just happens to be one customer who called the news after getting the run around... There are plenty more out there trust me

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List