Peak Fail 2.0 Has Made Headlines

Overpaid Union Thug

I bet corporate had a special meeting in Atlanta just before peak to discuss new and better ways of hiding missed pieces this year. Ways that involve making an entire trailer of missed stops disappear with one key stroke.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
The only thing that matters this peak is the stock holders. The down side of course is once we piss off enough customers they will head to FedEx and then the stock wont be that great.

Rainman

Its all good.
Asked today to work Sunday, the 2nd Sunday this month. Probably the 20th also. We were told last week this would probably be the case. At least it keeps us from being buried Monday and Tuesday.
After being asked on Wednesday or Thursday, we are told Friday it is mandatory.

I bet corporate had a special meeting in Atlanta just before peak to discuss new and better ways of hiding missed pieces this year. Ways that involve making an entire trailer of missed stops disappear with one key stroke.
Other than monday, it has been extremely light in my center. I have asked my dispatch sup if he has talked to surrounding hubs asking if they are clean. He said that they are not rolling trailers. I think there lying to him. The :censored2: is gonna hit the fan one of these days. I'm thinking Monday...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think I have made maybe an hour of overtime all week. I got my last stop off at 4 PM the other day, I'm not seeing any of these problems here. This week has been so light, it makes me uneasy. I feel like I'm standing on the beach waiting for a tidal wave to come in. Human nature will take hold and a lot of people will wait until the last minute to order stuff and then gripe if they don't get it in time. Surely our competition would face the same problems we have in certain areas.