Peak @ FedeX

FedExer267

I had 107 stops today and 312 pieces. 20 pickups for 170 pieces. and wow I made 11.50 a hour for actual hours worked. I for got to mention I drove 187 miles. Apparently I am not the only driver who feels like we get treated like crap. I stopped at the local coffee shop thismorning on my way out and there were about 9 other drivers talking about striking (calling in sick) on the projected busiest day of the year. The response was humorous what are they going to do fire us all by the time the sent people to FedEx driving school and got them road tested Peak would be over. Apparently there are a few other drivers that are in on this too. I guess the hard working men and women have had enough of this scam. Going to be intresting

bbsam

Staff member
I believe it and let me guess when you figure in hours with no benefits and vacation he probally makes 10 bucks a hour like the rest of us... Unless he is the contractor.

No. He makes a ton. He used to be the contractor. Sold out for 125k but drives for the ISP at over 30 an hour. I should know, I helped bid the price up on the route.

bbsam

Staff member
I had 107 stops today and 312 pieces. 20 pickups for 170 pieces. and wow I made 11.50 a hour for actual hours worked. I for got to mention I drove 187 miles. Apparently I am not the only driver who feels like we get treated like crap. I stopped at the local coffee shop thismorning on my way out and there were about 9 other drivers talking about striking (calling in sick) on the projected busiest day of the year. The response was humorous what are they going to do fire us all by the time the sent people to FedEx driving school and got them road tested Peak would be over. Apparently there are a few other drivers that are in on this too. I guess the hard working men and women have had enough of this scam. Going to be intresting

Now stop with the talk and do it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you're proving his point for him. The UPS driver does more physical labor, the FedEx driver does more driving.

No, I don't think so. Is it harder to walk across the street to your next stop, or have to drive 2 or 3 blocks to get there? What about the stress and time factor of trafffic? Sure, UpState does more actual physical work in the sense of handling packages, but since when is fighting your way across town to get to a 1600 close not work. Sometimes I'd prefer a denser route, which could actually be easier to plan and manage.

vantexan

I've been unloading containers every morning for over a year now. Usually about 3 J's by myself. Really hard on me in the summer. Point being not every FedEx courier skates by, some of us earn it.

FedExer267

No, I don't think so. Is it harder to walk across the street to your next stop, or have to drive 2 or 3 blocks to get there? What about the stress and time factor of trafffic? Sure, UpState does more actual physical work in the sense of handling packages, but since when is fighting your way across town to get to a 1600 close not work. Sometimes I'd prefer a denser route, which could actually be easier to plan and manage.
I am with you on this one. Yes UPS does more physical labor but most of them cover part of a zipcode so yes you can bust off 150 to 200 stops in a 12 hour period. Yes we drive more but we are still busting off 85 to 105 stops a day covering 4 to 5 zipcodes. Most days you drive like a bat out of hell trying to get finished. It is more stressing to drive 150 to 200 miles a day delivering your 100 stops you are all over the map but I guess thats not worth a fair days wage.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I looked inside an Express drivers truck yesterday and had a chat with the driver. You could have fit a small vehicle inside the truck it was so empty. This was around 10am.

LTFedExer

I looked inside an Express drivers truck yesterday and had a chat with the driver. You could have fit a small vehicle inside the truck it was so empty. This was around 10am.
An empty truck can be deceiving. 2 examples:
- I use a W900 and assure you it is packed from bulkhead door to back door everyday. I have 3 stops that get an average of 140 (no letters), 80 (a dozen or so letters) and 70 (2-3 letters) boxes. Those 3 stops are done by 9:40 or so. After that we can hold a party in the back.
- There is a courier across the belt from me that you rarely see boxes on the floor of his W700. But, last Christmas I went to help him. He gave me 50 stops at 4:00PM. I didn't even want to know how many he started with.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
An empty truck can be deceiving. 2 examples:
- I use a W900 and assure you it is packed from bulkhead door to back door everyday. I have 3 stops that get an average of 140 (no letters), 80 (a dozen or so letters) and 70 (2-3 letters) boxes. Those 3 stops are done by 9:40 or so. After that we can hold a party in the back.
- There is a courier across the belt from me that you rarely see boxes on the floor of his W700. But, last Christmas I went to help him. He gave me 50 stops at 4:00PM. I didn't even want to know how many he started with.

An empty truck can be decieving, however not in this case.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You guys are so full of it. I understand that this is the INTERNET and we type in complete anonymity, but I actually know all the drivers in my area and have seen the H.D. daily delivery print out for the day. I have a golf course on my route and on an average day (non-peak), I get 70-80 stops a day in there. Between all three of the FDX routes they have on average maybe 30 total stops. Also BbSCAM you would be happy to know that it is actually the Express guy with the bulk of it, not your beloved Ground/H.D. SCAM. Also in the city that I deliver in we have 12 routes(non-peak), Express has 3 Ground has 2 and H.D. has 1.
So now that the facts are out Ill let you guys get back to your pipe dreams and how BbSCAM delivers 500 stops and 2000 peices a day on one of his routes.