Peak Hours For Seasonal Drivers...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For me, promoting from within is always the ideal way, primarily because you have a better idea of what you're getting. You'd like to think previous military experience means a higher level of discipline, and it often does. But not always. I come from a military family, and I have a couple of former Marine Corps cousins I wouldn't trust behind the wheel of a go cart.. Overall, probably not a bad policy, but not as reliable as having actually seen someone's job performance within your own company... Just my opinion..

Excellent response to an inside joke that you are too new to understand.

Whats 9.5?

Didn't see a thread on this topic, so here's my question: What kind of hours am I most likely looking at as a Seasonal Driver? I've seen from a ton, to as little as the sups can get away with giving you on various posts. Keep in mind, I work in a very busy hub in a major metropolitan city. I'm also one of these highly motivated types that will never tell them no trying to make an impression. Given I'm starting Integrad on Monday, and I've got limited time at this payrate, I'm hoping it's an asswhip type of schedule.. Any opinions?
It will be 60 hr weeks, and if you don't hit 60 by Friday you will prob use up the rest of your hours on Saturday.

landrick

Didn't see a thread on this topic, so here's my question: What kind of hours am I most likely looking at as a Seasonal Driver? I've seen from a ton, to as little as the sups can get away with giving you on various posts. Keep in mind, I work in a very busy hub in a major metropolitan city. I'm also one of these highly motivated types that will never tell them no trying to make an impression. Given I'm starting Integrad on Monday, and I've got limited time at this payrate, I'm hoping it's an asswhip type of schedule.. Any opinions?
The answer is there is no one answer. Different hubs have different needs. It may depend if they put you on a split car, or helping out with bulk at a mall, or who knows. My experience is they'll give you everything you can handle. Some unsolicited advice is to not try to be Superman. If you want to make an impression to mgmt, make it one of showing them you'll follow their methods. Do solid work and just get the job done right. Doing a good job while you're new will draw attention all by itself, and the other drivers won't roll their eyes at some guy trying to be a hotshot.

BigD Bri

The answer is there is no one answer. Different hubs have different needs. It may depend if they put you on a split car, or helping out with bulk at a mall, or who knows. My experience is they'll give you everything you can handle. Some unsolicited advice is to not try to be Superman. If you want to make an impression to mgmt, make it one of showing them you'll follow their methods. Do solid work and just get the job done right. Doing a good job while you're new will draw attention all by itself, and the other drivers won't roll their eyes at some guy trying to be a hotshot.

No, I'm not about going out and being the obnoxious new guy that gets on everybody's nerves being, 'that guy'. I'll do what I'm asked with my mouth shut except to ask and answer questions. It's really more about trying to figure out what kind of bank I'll be looking at for the next two months as much as anything else. I'm hoping it's going to be about 60 hours a week, but if it ends up being 50, I'll count myself fortunate.. So, see what happens. Appreciate everyone's input..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, I'm not about going out and being the obnoxious new guy that gets on everybody's nerves being, 'that guy'. I'll do what I'm asked with my mouth shut except to ask and answer questions. It's really more about trying to figure out what kind of bank I'll be looking at for the next two months as much as anything else. I'm hoping it's going to be about 60 hours a week, but if it ends up being 50, I'll count myself fortunate.. So, see what happens. Appreciate everyone's input..

Budget based on 40 and the rest is gravy.

StoptheAct1212

A real answer is..... depends on your route, and dispatch . .. not on how good you are.
If they have you doing random bulk or sweep pickups you can be done in 8.
Every day is different. you may have to help others when your done with your route. i seen guys actually have easier days durring peak, due to the fact we have seasonal help... there is no exact answer on how many hours you get. your just a seasonal and you have no senority or rights.... you can be the guy that works 14 hours per day, or the guy that gets 8.
Some days during peak, ive actually got done earlier than summer days...

Good luck, hope all works out