Peak

blkmamba

As peak season approaches, if it's not already here, I want to wish everyone a safe holiday season.

And for the new hires, remember that during this time the only person who cares about your safety is yourself. Management only cares about getting everything where it is suppose to be as fast as humanly possible.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As peak season approaches, if it's not already here, I want to wish everyone a safe holiday season.

And for the new hires, remember that during this time the only person who cares about your safety is yourself. Management only cares about getting everything where it is suppose to be as fast as humanly possible.

Goes to show what you know! It's actually "faster than humanly possible".

New hires, he's right ... your safety is your responsibility and if you are a helper, the driver's as well.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

during this time?? Management doesn't ever care about our safety....until we get hurt!

kingOFchester

during this time?? Management doesn't ever care about our safety....until we get hurt!

I would not paint all management people at center level with such a broad brush. Most are there doing their time just like us. Playing the game with the stacked cards they were dealt. I know several that truly care about some of the hourlies. A lot do not care. UPS has groomed most of the center level management team to focus entirely on numbers. Accidents and injuries are part of the numbers. But again, there are quite a few that do care for some of their work group.

We had an onroad sup that was moved to another building. The last day he gave us a PCM stating how much he enjoyed working with us and how he will miss his drivers. He teared up and choked up saying goodbye.

blkmamba

Goes to show what you know! It's actually "faster than humanly possible".

New hires, he's right ... your safety is your responsibility and if you are a helper, the driver's as well.

Yes, you are right! But point being, everyone have a safe peak.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Negative. They don't care about you when you get hurt. They hate you for getting hurt because it's an injury on their report the next day.
Yes...they don't care about safety till you get hurt. Then they get pissed and can try to blame the injury on not following proper safety procedures.

QKRSTKR

If your a helper and get bit by a dog, don't worry, it's the drivers fault. Man I'm not gonna miss pkgs.

Johney

We had an onroad sup that was moved to another building. The last day he gave us a PCM stating how much he enjoyed working with us and how he will miss his drivers. He teared up and choked up saying goodbye.
That is most likely why he was moved to a different building.