Pension change rumor

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And offer the PTers and young FTers a Dollar raise and it will be a done deal. Nobody under 40 believes the money for a pension or Social Security will be there.
Exactly. The government and the union are stealing money that belongs in my pocket is all that's happening.

Well stealing it then giving it to others that weren't smart enough to plan for their own retirement.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We have had 25 and out in my local since at least 1985. I know of just one person who has taken advantage of that benefit.

O/C

The pension plans are still negotiated in the contracts. If UPS wants to offset our pension by what we receive in Social Security, the union would have to agree to it.
Would it be possible for the pension trustees to bypass contract language and make this offset? Anyway I predict more bad news next contract for those wishing for a decent retirement.
This would be a strike issue.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

Only because a cheap as hell company is giving money to an even more corrupt union. We will all see the next contract. Ups will call on the unions bluff. Believe it.
$66000 a year pension at 55 and you're bitching about an even more corrupt union? What are you smoking?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If that does happen. You will see any one with 30 yrs leave before August.
That way the union and ups gets what they want. To get rid of senior drivers for ups. For the union to drop top end pay outs. Under the reduced pension deal. Which I feel is illegal.

Inthegame

Only hitching about what we've lost. No reason for it. Also retirees. It's. Ok you will be in my seat someday
If I had a $5500 pension at 55, I'd be retired years ago.
That way the union and ups gets what they want. To get rid of senior drivers for ups. For the union to drop top end pay outs. Under the reduced pension deal. Which I feel is illegal.
Once again, the "union" doesn't pay out pensions, the Pension Trust Fund does. Not connected with the union treasury in any way (regardless of FOX News lies).
The union treasury does take a hit when a top rate ($34+)dues payer retires and gets replaced with a $18.75 progression new hire. So there is no incentive for early retirees from a union treasury standpoint.

ski or die

Ski or Die
But, all the part time college students that put 4 years in and move on. The union is doing pretty good collecting their pension that will not be paid out. One reason the union loves part timers.