Pension deductions?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The reality where your opinion counts but not mine?

Yes I reject that reality.

Reject it all you want. I personally reject speed limits, yet I am reminded of them constantly by our wonderful Department of Public Safety Troopers. Like you, my complaints fall on deaf ears.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
104Feeder, Would you have the actual dollar amount invested of pension contributions for someone retiring now after 30 years of service? Lets say they started in 1986.

It would be interesting to compare these numbers: current pension payout vs. Brownslave688 ideas of personal pension investing.

Ms.PacMan

104Feeder, Would you have the actual dollar amount invested of pension contributions for someone retiring now after 30 years of service? Lets say they started in 1986.

It would be interesting to compare this number with the current pension payout vs. Brownslave688 ideas of personal pension investing.
No need to ponder this. You can look at the governments life expectancy charts for people or use an annuity calculator which will tell you how much you need to get a fixed sum of whatever amt. per month for life.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No need to ponder this. You can look at the governments life expectancy charts for people or use an annuity calculator which will tell you how much you need to get a fixed sum of whatever amt. per month for life.
No need to ponder? The numbers might tell who's argument makes more sense, no?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I get it, ":censored2: you I got mine". You missed your calling, Bear Stearns lost a superstar.
I believe in personal responsibility. Yeah I get that's not being a good union brother. So be it.

Here's the thing under a defined contribution plan everyone would be given the same amount of money. I'm supposed to feel bad because I invested my money better than some other person? We were each given the same amount to invest. I wouldn't ask them to feel bad for me if they were raking it in.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The pension, at UPS, is never going away as long as the Teamsters are representing us.
xTAi5.gif

Ms.PacMan

I believe in personal responsibility. Yeah I get that's not being a good union brother. So be it.

Here's the thing under a defined contribution plan everyone would be given the same amount of money. I'm supposed to feel bad because I invested my money better than some other person? We were each given the same amount to invest. I wouldn't ask them to feel bad for me if they were raking it in.
Given the same options that we have in our 401k now it would be nearly impossible to mess it up.

The pension, at UPS, is never going away as long as the Teamsters are representing us. To discuss what should be done as far as the retirement crisis as a whole in the Nation, I would first suggest the return to Unions & unionism & defined benefit pension programs. For industries that unions are not a good fit, or for workers in general, mandatory Roth 401k plans and participation would be my second choice.
I guess you didn't read our current contract ?