Pension information

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We had a feeder driver work well into his 80s just so his ex-wife couldn't collect on his pension.

I hope he will finally figure out that the longer he works the ex will eventually get a larger amount, usually 1/2 even if he dies...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you died before retiring, your wife was sol.
If you took the full pension, died one year later, the spouse would get 4 years of your pension.(5yr. deal)
If you took the spouse survival deal, the amount was cut closer to half than a third.
If you took the full amount of your pension, the first month you qualified, said FM to everyone and everything and bought a life ins. policy, you won.
Do you know what option drivers pick the most???

qdg2

If you died before retiring, your wife was sol.
If you took the full pension, died one year later, the spouse would get 4 years of your pension.(5yr. deal)
If you took the spouse survival deal, the amount was cut closer to half than a third.
If you took the full amount of your pension, the first month you qualified, said FM to everyone and everything and bought a life ins. policy, you won.
We bought life insurance 30 years ago at rates for young people that never change. We(both of us) got an amount we could afford back then and calculated to pay the house off and have a fresh start(meaning get a better education, training etc) to move on....Our investments, pension, SSI and life insurance should do the trick. I'll find out in less than 2 years.

All of this while enjoying a comfortable working lifestyle with a few toys. Shrug.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’ll get back to you on that…I actually have my statement at home.
@542thruNthru…it’s called a “pop up”
FC36B432-F9F8-48BE-BD86-04A087DCA773.jpeg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My plan also offers that, states clearly, if your spouse dies it reverts to the full amount for you.
Same here, it's called "survivor benefit with pop up". Also if you die before retiring your wife will get the 50% survivor benefit for the remainder of her life.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Imagine guys with 2 or 3 ex-wives. Dividing it that many ways. Not me btw.

It is.

Should ask a couple of retired regional and division managers, some of them on on their fourth wife...😎

What was the old school saying:

“ Never quit UPS even if you divorce your spouse... ...you can always get another wife”

qdg2

Should ask a couple of retired regional and division managers, some of them on on their fourth wife...😎

What was the old school saying:

“ Never quit UPS even if you divorce your spouse... ...you can always get another wife”
As the district guy was bangin his subordinates wife......lot of sorriness out there.