Pension plan status

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
[QUOTE="oldupsman, post: 3499079, ... the Teamster Pension Trust Fund of Philadelphia
and vicinity. Our current funded percentage is 72.2% which puts in the endangered
category. I was just curious on how this stands...[/QUOTE]
giphy-3.gif

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
autonomy is only increasing so as time goes on and less and less people are paying in there is a 0% chance of the fund remaining solvent.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Annual funding notice.

Maybe I’ve been bumped into a crappier plan.

Went from 90.51% in 2015 to 80% in 2017.
:censored2:!!! My apologies.
I was remembering from left to right ... I thought it was getting better.
Looked at it closer now that I am home.

I'm assuming this is due to new management not in our plan and therefore no funding over the last two years?
Also, interest rates are at historical lows which means UPS does not have to contribute as much each year. It also means our ''net buying power" of our monthly pension is remaining steady instead of going down.

At least we are not in a multi-employer plan ... not that I particularly expect UPS to really care about us.

:censored2:!!! My apologies.
I was remembering from left to right ... I thought it was getting better.
Looked at it closer now that I am home.

I'm assuming this is due to new management not in our plan and therefore no funding over the last two years?
Also, interest rates are at historical lows which means UPS does not have to contribute as much each year. It also means our ''net buying power" of our monthly pension is remaining steady instead of going down.

At least we are not in a multi-employer plan ... not that I particularly expect UPS to really care about us.
Most of mine is in a multi-employer plan. I have very little in this plan.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Local 344 is at 84.3%. Trustees must not be concerned as they are increasing our accrual rates.
I believe ours is a little higher than this but we also recently increased it. I wasn't real happy about that. I'd rather have a nice little cushion for when 2006-2008 happens again.