Perhaps it's time for David Abney to...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by selfcancelsignal, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Go on "Undercover Boss".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Undercover Boss Canada went undercover in the FedEx operation.
    I am sure some folks on here could use their Columbo like skills to find it!

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Will never happen. It would be impossible to cover up the mess. Reality TV isn't a bunch of metrics and reports that can be fudged.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

As what?
    A helper?

5. clean hairy

The Canadian FedEx show was 1 day of shadowing a driver, and working the next night in the Air Operation. Cannot remember the 3rd day, but everything ran as smooth as silk, of course!

6. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Never gonna happen. There's a reason he's management. And that's because he's a non-hacker.

7. Addressing real safety issues (not just when someone gets hurt), not chastising employees for accidents, delivery variables, number fudging by management, getting the preload wrapped on time (even when we're heavier), realizing how ridiculous it is that we EVER deliver a package past 6P central time ('cause no one else in our industry does) come to mind.

8. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

If a camera crew were following some "new guy" around I would either be extra nice, or just avoid him altogether. Some driver would get a helper on a nice spring day on a route that's never had one with 30 stops cut without arousing any suspicion? Hand to surface all day.

9. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

10. Monkey Butt

LOL

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

They're too protective of the brand image to ever try it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Whoever falls for the "Undercover" Boss thing is an idiot. This show has been on way too long for people not to know about it.

13. rod

rod retired and happy

Sure---no one would be suspicious when a whole camera crew showed up with a stranger. That show is so fake.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  14. clean hairy

Would you ever be suspicious of a "Journalist" spending a day with you driving?
    It has been done enough times with a Camera Person, who knows if in the future a "journalist" might not be one of Abney's lower level folks?
    That is what happened with the Nascar undercover, cause everyone knows the France Family, so they had a lower level person do the Undercover.
    I could see 3 or 4 "Journalists" riding with 3 or 4 different Drivers on the same day to make an Episode....

15. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I'd love for Abney to sit in on some of our calls.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

Don't be shy, share!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Monkey Butt

I've been in meetings with him.
    Smart and very logical.
    He can get serious real quick like.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

You know damn well the day some "undercover" boss started really working inside a hub, the flow on the belt would be its lightest ever.

19. I don't doubt this, but if he worked the sorts & was a driver back in the day, why is a company this popular & well known so bucked up & negative these days & not striving to be a better more positive work environment for its employees, both management & hourlies?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

Undercover Boss is a scripted "reality" show.

They target the saddest sack employee with the biggest sob story to tell.

They make the CEO look like a doofus trying to work.

At the end the sad sack gets the "prize" and the CEO ends up looking like a hero.