Philadelphia transit strike?

upschuck

No contract since 2009? No wonder they went on strike. Think of all the retro for them.

I hope the executive order didn't forbid another strike if there is still an impasse between the negotiating committees in a specified amount of time. I hope they get longer than a 5 year contract or they are in the same predicament as they are in now. :biting:

No contract since 2009? No wonder they went on strike. Think of all the retro for them.

I hope the executive order didn't forbid another strike if there is still an impasse between the negotiating committees in a specified amount of time. I hope they get longer than a 5 year contract or they are in the same predicament as they are in now. :biting:
Just don't let Hoffa and Hall,negotiate the contract!....Impasse?...lol

UPS WORKHORSE

And that was just a city strike. Could you imagine how quick UPS would get Obama to send us back to work if we had actually gone on strike?

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Obama doesn't really care about labor, but we sure as hell didn't mind cutting him all those checks from DRIVE.

Hell, look at what his Chief of Staff (Rahm Emanuel) tried to do to the Chicago Teachers Union when he became Mayor.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I thought democrats were union friendly? How can the president make them go back to work? :bsbullf:

You have to learn what is at play here. Its not as simple as "president obama is a democrat"...

The rails are protected under the national railway act, and proceedures for a strike are mandatory regardless of who is president.

Unlike UPS, which is covered under the NLRA, we can strike without government interference, whereas the RAILS cannot.

All the political rhetoric spill on this topic is useless junk.

Learn the law people.

TOS.