Prayers for Birmingham facility

They added an incoming metal detector at my building about 6 years ago. It really doesn't do much to stop people from bringing stuff in if they really want too, and the only way you can really keep a tragedy like this occurring is to have TSA style frisk and search at every facility entrance which isn't feasible IMHO. Nor would I want to go through that everyday coming into work. This is a very sad incident which should absolutely not have happened, but I don't see much UPS can do to prevent it if someone is truly determined.
Stop the B.S. harassment and unjust,walks out the door. I truly feel sad,that It had to end this way.

You cant :censored2: with peoples livlihoods, and not expect to push a few,off the deepend.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This. Honestly, with tensions that high, and the total lack of respect UPS has for it's employees (hourly and mgmt, alike), I'm surprised it's not much more frequent. I'll be incredibly relieved if we make it through peak without an incident (like this one, or like the one in TX after last peak).

UPS needs to get it's :censored2: together. It's easy to ignore this type of thing when your insulated in your heavily guarded corporate headquarters, or just watching your share price go up or down behind a computer screen... but the rest of us potentially put our lives on the line every day just by showing up to work. Forget the dangerous equipment, 100lb boxes, and traffic... we walk into a building every day filled with hundreds of overworked, disrespected, desperate people who are all reminded what terrible, lazy, peices of :censored2: they are multiple times a day.

I don't think any amount of metal detectors or security guards will dissuade workplace violence at UPS. How hard is your security guard going to try to stop a gunman? Not very, I'd assume. Sure, he'll call the cops, but how many people will be shot before they arrive and find the gunman? What's to stop a driver from bringing a gun back in his truck?

We're getting to the point where it's not just a shameless grab for profits. UPS is literally putting profits above human life. This will continue to occur, and with increasing frequency, until UPS does something about the culture that perpetuates this desperation among it's employees.
These type of goober posts are not really appropriate but sometimes you let them stay up to display the shallow thought processes some people have. No where in this post does TFH blame the mentally-unbalanced individual that committed the crime.

TheFigurehead

These type of goober posts are not really appropriate but sometimes you let them stay up to display the shallow thought processes some people have. No where in this post does TFH blame the mentally-unbalanced individual that committed the crime.

I assumed this went without saying. I was responding to a post about this happening with increasing frequency... I was not discussing this incident directly.

Context is everything.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It will be interesting to see this case unfold. I'm especially curious to know if the slime shooter was on meds.

oldngray

nowhere special
He was supposedly in uniform at 9:40 when the shooting take place. Late to still be in the building if he's a driver so maybe he did just have a hearing and got fired.

UpsAngel

He was supposedly in uniform at 9:40 when the shooting take place. Late to still be in the building if he's a driver so maybe he did just have a hearing and got fired.
Some people build their whole lives in this :censored2:hole for what so bigbrown could spit you out at moments notice. pfft. I don't endorse killing by ANY means but i see where his head was.