Preloaders

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Peak season is here. Just curious. what has been your earliest start time in years past?

My peak started last week. Not to menction peak for the buisness cars I load just came and gone, so I'm gonna have about 4 months of peak season this year. I know, sounds fun!

The earliest time I've started in the past for peak was last year 1:30am. And I will be starting at 3:30am on Monday and will probably get later and later. This has to be my favorite time of the year. More time on the clock a little more work, easy times and cooler weather. Its almost free money in my opinion.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I was preload we rarely started before 3 but I've heard stories recently of them starting between midnight and one.

Random_Facts

The earliest we've ever started in our hub was 12:30 am. Not sure if they will do that this year or not. Only time will tell. Last year it was about 1 am. (makes for the days forever it seems). But not bad. At least on the business side of it. My 3 trucks slow way down. :D. (until January but that's another topic...)

laffter

Last peak, the earliest we started was 2am. I heard that a few years ago the start time was 12am for the last couple of weeks.

Kis124

my first peak we started at midnight a few times. We were told that cyber monday week we will be in at 12:30

barnyard

KTM rider
We had a week of 1:30 starts 14ish years ago. Not sure that we have started earlier since. Pretty sure that 3a is the earliest since we went to PAS.

DownSouthUPS

After Hurricane Katrina, There was a night during peak that we started at 11 p.m. And got off at 9:30a.m. But we had Christmas volume on type of Katrina volume!! It wasn't fun!!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
2005 peak. 1030pm to 930am. 11 hours of preload. Shook hands with the local sort as they were leaving. We now have extendos on every unload door and haven't seen that kind of volume since. Couldn't see the belt under all the packages. 4 dedicated spliters per belt where that was usually 2. You rarely see our preload start earlier than 330am.

We had three breaks and each one was catered. Sandwhiches. Hot wings. Then breakfast. The company still cared about us back then. Thanks for ruining that for us Scott.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
2005 peak. 1030pm to 930am. 11 hours of preload. Shook hands with the local sort as they were leaving. We now have extendos on every unload door and haven't seen that kind of volume since. Couldn't see the belt under all the packages. 4 dedicated spliters per belt where that was usually 2. You rarely see our preload start earlier than 330am.

We had three breaks and each one was catered. Sandwhiches. Hot wings. Then breakfast. The company still cared

about us back then. Thanks for ruining that for us Scott.

How do you run a preload starting at 10:30 at night?

UPSGUY72

How do you run a preload starting at 10:30 at night?

We have a FT preload they make I the same rate FT drivers do but get little to no OT. They start every S -T night around 10:45pm during peak on Sundays they come in early sometimes 8:00 or 9:00. I know they came it at early this past Sunday because of the backed up volume from "Sandy"

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
To make up for closed days because of hurricane sandy our start times last week was: mon-wed 1:00 am to 8:45 am thurs-fri 12:30 am to 9:30 am, they were shoe horning trucks into the building to get loaded. At least the ot will be good

H

htown0721

I think after 6 hours all preloaders should be entitled to a half hour break.

Only if the company really cared about their employees, and people from corporate would get their hands dirty every once an a while they would realize ten minutes on any sort is not enough. By the time you dig yourself out of a trailer you have already lost half of your break.

washington57

Only if the company really cared about their employees, and people from corporate would get their hands dirty every once an a while they would realize ten minutes on any sort is not enough. By the time you dig yourself out of a trailer you have already lost half of your break.

No, break begins when the employee leaves the work area. IF it takes them 5 minutes to dig themselves out after the horn goes off then thats when their break starts. I wish people would realize this.

H

htown0721

No, break begins when the employee leaves the work area. IF it takes them 5 minutes to dig themselves out after the horn goes off then thats when their break starts. I wish people would realize this.

Really? honestly have never heard that before