President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why did your 'news' source cut the clip before she explained?

You really do suck as a credible source of information.

When you are covering something.......you play the pertinent parts not a 59 minute tape....You act like I spliced the film clip. Did she or did she not say rising rates "that's good news"? That's all I was posting about and the clip says just that. I'm not wkmac with the hour longclips.

PITA

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sequester? What sequester??

Apparently we do have money to burn.
AMMAN, Jordan — President Barack Obama said he and King Abdullah II haven’t reached an answer about what to do on Syria, but he promised $200 million in new humanitarian aid Friday to help the government here manage the influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees from Bashar al-Assad’s regime who’ve entered the country.

Reiterating that he sees the question of Assad’s toppling as a when, not if, he also warned about the possibility of anti-American, terrorist forces taking power in the aftermath.

“I am very concerned about Syria becoming an enclave for extremism. Because extremists thrive in chaos, they thrive in failed states, they thrive in power vacuums,” Obama said during his joint press conference with the Jordanian leader. “They don’t have much to offer when it comes to actually building things.”
The violence in Syria has been “heartbreaking,” Obama said , adding that the continued loss of civilian life, “should compel all of us to say, ‘what more can we do?’”

Noting that he was waiting to see the results of a United Nations investigation into whether Assad’s military had used chemical weapons, Obama reiterated that if so, this would constitute the crossing of a red line which would require a change in American involvement.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Ynet:
The United States has quietly unblocked almost $500 million in aid to the Palestinian Authority which had been frozen by Congress for months, a top US official said Friday.

The news that the funds had finally been freed up came after US President Barack Obama met top Israeli and Palestinian leaders in a landmark visit to Israel and the West Bank earlier this week.

“To date, we have moved $295.7 million in fiscal year 2012 money… and $200 million in fiscal year 2013 assistance,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters.

The Obama administration also notified Congress in late February that it was seeking a further $200 million to fund US Agency for International Development (USAID) programs for the Palestinians, she said. [...]
Congress froze the US administration’s requests for funds.

And Israel, which also strongly opposed the move, said it was suspending monthly transfers of the tax and tariff revenue it collects on behalf of the Palestinian Authority (PA) in the wake of the decision.