President Obama!

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
You are crazy.

The Bill of Rights are ALL about civilian rights and limits on government power.

The 2nd Amendment is not about the military.

It's about the CITIZEN'S right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

But you keep talking about commas and qualifiers if you wish to keep babbling on.

But NO ONE is taking you seriously.
12400711_927188570698455_6381823551641530188_n.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Not unfettered.

Not every citizen.

Cinvited felons, the crazies and those under 18 shouldn't be able to own guns.

I'll go along with that.

But I also believe people have a right to self protection where ever they are at.

Concealed carry and open carry for all eligible citizens with out permits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not unfettered.

Not every citizen.

Cinvited felons, the crazies and those under 18 shouldn't be able to own guns.

I'll go along with that.

But I also believe people have a right to self protection where ever they are at.

Concealed carry and open carry for all eligible citizens with out permits.
I don't agree with 18. My cousin is s member of the USA Olympic trap shooting team. He's 16 and can't buy his own shells to practice. That's stupid.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't agree with 18. My cousin is s member of the USA Olympic trap shooting team. He's 16 and can't buy his own shells to practice. That's stupid.
Unless he's an emancipated juvenile, I Agee with that law.

He may be a good shot, but has not proven he is responsible enough for the responsibility.

18 for the military, 18 for buying rifles and 21 for handguns.

Reasonable background checks and no waiting period.

Sounds good to me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are no 16 YO on the Olympic Trap team.
He's shooting in the World Cup this spring for team USA. They are terrible about updating the website. He finished second in the fall selection I believe.

I'm not exactly sure how it all works but from what I understand since this is his first time qualifying then he has to shoot so high in his first World Cup shoot to keep his spot.

The way my uncle explained it is if he finishes in X spot he's on the World Cup
Team all summer. Below X spot and he has to requalify.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness--That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed.

O-Thug,

What I find laughable about your argument, is how you want to use MY example of how the constitution was written, and INCLUDE the commas to connect an entire sentence, yet, in the second amendment, you want to FRAGMENT, two parts of one sentence and create a different meaning.

Did you actually count the number of commas that are in this paragraph??

The PREAMBLE of this paragraph is "WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT"... then the first comma, creating the SUBJECT.

Everything AFTER this first comma is A QUALIFIER, but inclusive to the preamble.

Man are you dense.

Using your logic on the second amendment, eliminating the commas and taking each fragment as a STAND ALONE MEANING, there are 9 different things in this paragraph.

But, in this case, your intention is to keep the PREAMBLE and the qualifiers to make your point, which actually makes MINE.

Thanks for your ignorance.

TOS.

newfie

O-Thug,

What I find laughable about your argument, is how you want to use MY example of how the constitution was written, and INCLUDE the commas to connect an entire sentence, yet, in the second amendment, you want to FRAGMENT, two parts of one sentence and create a different meaning.

The PREAMBLE of this paragraph is "WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT"... then the first comma, creating the SUBJECT.

Everything AFTER this first comma is A QUALIFIER, but inclusive to the preamble.

Man are you dense.

Using your logic on the second amendment, eliminating the commas and taking each fragment as a STAND ALONE MEANING, there are 9 different things in this paragraph.

But, in this case, your intention is to keep the PREAMBLE and the qualifiers to make your point, which actually makes MINE.

TOS.

gee if I get them to focus on the comma maybe they will miss the rest of the second amendment.

Overpaid Union Thug

O-Thug,

Man are you dense.

TOS.

You are brainwashed and incapable of thinking for yourself. If you had taken the time to read my excerpt you'd see the fallacy in your (actually other's) theories. Including your obsession with commas. You don't want to know the truth. You are so scared of guns you will believe anything that anti-gun wackos will feed you. Now piss off and go find your safe place.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
O-Thug,

Man are you dense.

TOS.
I , believe , TOS , may , have , a , problem , with , commas', placement , .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
None of you understand what a PREAMBLE is, and THAT is the primary problem with your logic.
You are brainwashed and incapable of thinking for yourself. If you had taken the time to read my excerpt you'd see the fallacy in your (actually other's) theories. Including your obsession with commas. You don't want to know the truth. You are so scared of guns you will believe anything that anti-gun wackos will feed you. Now piss off and go find your safe place.

How you backwoods midwesterners interpret standard english construction is laughable.

oh, those pesky commas, "they dont mean anything" in YOUR world. Maybe you think commas are placed into the second amendment by accident? or maybe the founders didnt understand basic english?

The real problem with your midwestern edumacation, is that you dont understand how the constitution was constructed in the first place.

None of you understand what a PREAMBLE is, and THAT is the primary problem with your logic.

Let me see if I can assist you in your understanding..

pre·am·ble
ˈprēˌambəl/
noun
noun: preamble; plural noun: preambles
a preliminary or preparatory statement; an introduction.
"what she said was by way of a preamble"
  • Law
    the introductory part of a statute or deed, stating its purpose, aims, and justification.

This is a simple concept.

Lets use another example:

A preamble is a brief introduction to a speech, like the Preamble to the Constitution that starts out "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union...do ordain and establish this Constitution."

Preamble comes from the Latin praeambulus which means "walking before." And that's what a preamble does — it "walks" before a speech, often explaining what's coming. It's like the White Rabbit introducing the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. Since it goes before a speech, think of it as a pre-ramble. A preamble is usually used for formal documents; you wouldn't include one in a text to your best friend.

Hopefully, you are capable of reading comprehension and can understand how the constitution was constructed.

Now, lets look at the preamble to the US Constitution, the commas and the INTENT. This will be on the test, so pay attention to detail of the use of the subject, the qualifiers and COMMAS.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Breakdown:

"We the people of the United States, ..." "in order to form a more perfect union , .." "establish justice,.." "insure domestic tranquility,..." "provide for the common defense,..." "promote the general welfare,..." "and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity,..." "do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Now, with your backwoods education, NONE of the information that comes after the first comma after "we the people of the United States,.." has anything to do with "WE THE PEOPLE..."

But, in reality, EVERYTHING after the first COMMA QUALIFIES "WE THE PEOPLE..."

Thats what a preamble does. Its sets the tone for the entire meaning of the subject.

Only in the second amendment, do GUN owners want to ignore this premise and ignore not only the PREAMBLE, but ALL THE COMMAS that connect the fragments of the second amendment to the preamble.

It easy to understand why.

The second amendment DOESNT say what gun owners want it to say, so they eliminate the COMMA between the third fragment and the fourth fragment and CREATE a whole new sentence right out of the middle of something else.

NEWFIE did what every other gun owner does... He quotes the second amendment like this:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

But it doesnt say that in this form, which is a stand alone sentence. Its a fragmented sentence, minus the comma which separates them.

Hopefully, you can understand this simple english concept.

TOS.