President Trump

Box Ox

The prosecution wouldn't do these deals if the plea deals didn't help take them closer to their goal.

How likely is it that any convictions would be upheld upon appeal after it's been revealed that Fani Willis paid the top special prosecutor to take her to pound town in ATL and all over the world and she was still allowed to remain on the case?

Georgia judge rules on Fani Willis disqualification in Trump case : NPR

"Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis accepted the resignation of Nathan Wade, her top special prosecutor in former President Donald Trump's election interference case, after a Georgia judge made Wade's stepping aside a condition of allowing Willis to remain on the case.

The decision bolsters chances that 15 defendants including former President Donald Trump will face trial in Georgia for attempting to overturn the 2020 election result."

Next Day Err

How likely is it that any convictions would be upheld upon appeal after it's been revealed that Fani Willis paid the top special prosecutor to take her to pound town in ATL and all over the world and she was still allowed to remain on the case?
The defense didn't prove anything, firstly.

Willis has a $200,000 salary. She took $10,000 in vacations with Nathan Wade if we decide she wasn't telling the truth about going halfsies with him. Doesn't seem reasonable to me that she would throw away the case of a lifetime for some vacations when she makes that kind of money.

I do not see a clear cut case of conflict of interest. This is nothing as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't remove the charges against anyone in this case.

However, it'll remain in right-wing misinformation circles forever that a black woman dated a coworker and, without proof, lambast her with accusations of impropriety and therefore somehow washes Trump of his culpability in the underlying prosecution's charges. So in that sense this is a solid win for Team Trump.

vantexan

The prosecution wouldn't do these deals if the plea deals didn't help take them closer to their goal.
Looks to me like the prosecution is crooked. Hired her boyfriend, way overpaid him and he's never even tried a felony case. And she lied about their relationship. Judge is facing re-election in a mostly black district so he let her skate as long as she got rid of her boyfriend. She'll likely face being disbarred.

vantexan

The defense didn't prove anything, firstly.

Willis has a $200,000 salary. She took $10,000 in vacations with Nathan Wade if we decide she wasn't telling the truth about going halfsies with him. Doesn't seem reasonable to me that she would throw away the case of a lifetime for some vacations when she makes that kind of money.

I do not see a clear cut case of conflict of interest. This is nothing as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't remove the charges against anyone in this case.

However, it'll remain in right-wing misinformation circles forever that a black woman dated a coworker and, without proof, lambast her with accusations of impropriety and therefore somehow washes Trump of his culpability in the underlying prosecution's charges. So in that sense this is a solid win for Team Trump.
I Googled it. Depends on who you ask but most posts pulled up say $110,000. Nathan Wade was made the highest paid prosecutor in Georgia the last two years and he had never tried a felony case. Your sweet Fani is a crook.

Next Day Err

Googled it. Depends on who you ask
The average DA salary in the entire state of GA is $158,000. That includes all those small time counties. It seems reasonable that the most populous county (Fulton) would pay the highest salary for that position. $200,000 is what I’ve heard from reputable journalists whose beat includes this Trump case. I’m guessing they did the legwork to verify through records requests.