Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

Delivered

Attachments

• teamcare.png
    teamcare.png
    272.5 KB · Views: 163
F

Frankie's Friend

While that is technically true, there is a big difference between a health fund and a pension fund, as far as administration goes.
I'll take a union-run Taft Hartley health plan over a company plan any day of the week. Our local has a great plan that is very well run all UPSers in the local are in (along with a bunch of other members from other workplaces).
Since my pension is directly attached to the hours that i work just put the $ in my bank anf i will disperse it to myself when i retire.

F

Frankie's Friend

Trust me I'm not happy with it. The union is in business for themselves , not for us.
Like i posted esrlier we have to take the day off and drive 37 miles to get blood tests in network.
If it isn’t a contractual issue, then why did my benefits become degraded after the last contract was imposed?
The 2 option days were negotisted in place of sick days a long time ago

F

Frankie's Friend

UPS wanted the health care out of their hands and the union wanted it so they could pass out "favor jobs" to friends.
Is that why TN reportedly got a 30,000+ dollar raise after they got the deal done?

Delivered

Central States Health & Welfare fund was facing the exact same fate at the pension fund (though they are 2 separate funds) after being forced into Teamcare by Hoffa & Hall, UPSers essentially propped up the fund with a substandard (concessionary) plan. It was only after the 1st rounds of the Vote No movement during the last contract that the actuaries "found better savings" and the proposed insurance plan was increased. Yet it was still concessionary to the 140,000 UPSers that were moved into the plan.

Teamcare is simply Central States Health & Welfare fund that has been rebranded.

F

Frankie's Friend

Exactly. Somebody without any skin in the game.
Dude, lets not get the hof lovers on here stirred up because we all know the theme is not sbout union corruption. Take Romes issue, the last 4 pages in the magazine and the like. Ya think

upschuck

Trust me I'm not happy with it. The union is in business for themselves , not for us.
Mine got better.

Also my deductible has not gone up this year, as it was advertised. Don't know it that is just a misprint on their site, or if it is staying the same, due to how it is being managed. Dental and vision also got better.

Mine got better.

Also my deductible has not gone up this year, as it was advertised. Don't know it that is just a misprint on their site, or if it is staying the same, due to how it is being managed. Dental and vision also got better.
Good for you and sucks for me. All you "yes voters should have got stuck with the original health care you agreed to.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Mine got better.

Deductible wasn’t in my plans vocabulary before last contract. Glad yours got better, flies were getting expensive.

F

Frankie's Friend

Central States Health & Welfare fund was facing the exact same fate at the pension fund (though they are 2 separate funds) after being forced into Teamcare by Hoffa & hall, UPSers essentially propped up the fund with a substandard (concessionary) plan. It was only after the 1st rounds of the Vote No movement during the last contract that the actuaries "found better savings" and the proposed insurance plan was increased. Yet it was still concessionary to the 140,000 UPSers that were moved into the plan.

Teamcare is simply Central States Health & Welfare fund that has been rebranded.
"Found better savings"? Dude thry offered us the junk plan first to make the sevond one appear better. Part of the plan dude. Lets not be stupid. The honesty is gone

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Good for you and sucks for me. All you "yes voters should have got stuck with the original health care you agreed to.
But everyone thinks we are crazy for being mad about it still. Seems we were victims of a concession that they gave into years before and we got stuck eating it.

upschuck

Shows you how much you know, I voted "no".

Do you guys have a deductible this year or not? Was supposed to, but since ours doesn't show going up, was wondering if yours did.

F

Frankie's Friend

Mine got better.

Cant tell. Im reading with cheaper lenses these days dude