Proof in the pudding. UPS is the better delivery company.

brostalss

So I placed an order with Amazon.com. I'm a Prime member so FREE 2nd day shipping. I have a package arriving today via FedEx. Tracked it this morning, on car out for delivery.

IT'S 6:00pm!!!!! WHERE IS MY PACKAGE?

Our Saturday drivers would of been done by now. Goes to show who is the better delivery company.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Neither the Fedex Express or Home Delivery drivers know what a doorbell or driver release bag is on my delivery area. I laugh every rainy day at the stuff I see while I'm delivering.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So I placed an order with Amazon.com. I'm a Prime member so FREE 2nd day shipping. I have a package arriving today via FedEx. Tracked it this morning, on car out for delivery.

Our Saturday drivers would of been done by now. Goes to show who is the better delivery company.

Our new drivers cannot find an address unless you spray-paint a line on the roads from the station to your house. Did you place the red and white sign with 3-foot tall letters on the street outside your home? Did you place a flashing red or white (either is acceptable) light somewhere where the driver could easily see it? Did you stand outside to wave them down as you are supposed to? Geez, what a demanding customer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Neither the Fedex Express or Home Delivery drivers know what a doorbell or driver release bag is on my delivery area. I laugh every rainy day at the stuff I see while I'm delivering.

Your garbage can is an acceptable release point. Besides, it will probably get delivered to the wrong address anyway. This is a Ground specialty, but with the dumbing-down at Express, it has become an epidemic there too.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I like the delivery notice on the package. Apparently some fool in corporate FedEx said we have to put a delivery notice on every door to beat UPS in service. Good plan, if it is actually put on the door.

bluehdmc

I'd guess the package you got that went Amazon prime thru FedEx is sitting at the post office. At least that's what happened to my "Prime 2 day delivery" stuff that I ordered thru Amazon that went FedEx. When I got the chance to leave feedback about delivery times I mentioned the 2 day that took 3 delivery.

Since then my Amazon Prime fulfilled orders have come UPS. Not even Lasership. I'm not really sure why, I doubt my feedback had something to do with it.

IlllIIllIIlllIllIIIlIlIlI

I like the delivery notice on the package. Apparently some fool in corporate FedEx said we have to put a delivery notice on every door to beat UPS in service. Good plan, if it is actually put on the door.

I was wondering why all the FDX ground packages have a blank notice stuck to them. How is that supposed to be better service?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was wondering why all the FDX ground packages have a blank notice stuck to them. How is that supposed to be better service?

Ground was having an issue with their "employees" not leaving delivery notices so they required that a notice be left on each and every driver release. The thought process was to get them in to the habit of providing this service. They have since backed off and only require them when a package is left in an alternate location.

bbsam

Staff member

So why doesn't UPS deliver Ground on Saturday?

bbsam

Staff member
Except the stuff Amazon has scheduled to be delivered Saturday. That's the only reason HD gets as much as they do.

laffter

The quality of service delivered by either company depends on the individual employee. Have you guys not realized this by now?

Oh, your local FedEx driver doesn't know what a doorbell or DR bag is? I've had many UPS deliveries made to my residence with no doorbell or audible knock. Plenty of trucks leaving my building do not have DR bag rolls in them, even on rainy days. The drivers will leave crap where it is least wet... if they feel like it.

Your package hasn't arrived as early as you thought it would? Does it have a commit time? How do you feel about UPS delivering packages at 9PM? Would that be convenient for you as a customer?

I, personally, have had an excellent experience shipping with FedEx. Everything I send via Ground gets there on-time and undamaged. My experience with UPS involves a customer (online sale) send a product back to me (chose UPS on his own), broken in several pieces by the time it gets here. Granted, he did package is very poorly, so it's not an great example, but it gives you an idea. Experiences with services will vary greatly person to person.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

So why doesn't UPS deliver Ground on Saturday?

Because that's the only time we see our families all week.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Mondays for HD are their Saturdays. Monday is a work day. Many aren't home to receive their pkgs on Monday because they are at work. Allows HD guys to have a two-day weekend like Ground and UPSers do.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think that anything you order from Amazon is a 911 package! It can wait till Monday. Besides if we worked Saturday It would put me in a higher ta bracket!! How come HD doesn't work on Mondays?

Nearly anything shipped to a resi can probably wait a couple days really. Try explaining that to the consumer.