Proud to be a Teamster

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I don't know didn't make it that far. I know a lot of us disagree on a lot of the politics of the union so I was thinking of something different....
Excellent work!
I think contract disputes and political foresight aside, we have common issues that affect us all as union members. A projection of strength and solidarity can only help our cause. Fighting RTW, fast track, Koch, employer fat cats and various laws that weaken our cause is the real terror. And it's not only a fight of Teamsters but all unions. Even UPS is a small part to this bigger picture. But I've been saying it for years, we support our union because it's OURS. I walked a picket line in 97 because I supported our union and the people that voted for our leaders. I've given jabs to some on this site, but if we were in the trenches, I'd stick up for any one of them.
"If you mess with me, I'll fight back. If you mess with my friends, I'll hurt you. If you mess with my Teamsters brothers and sisters, they will never be able to identify you."

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Impossible to unite now.

We face a major shift in the direction of the future of the Teamsters coming up.

We either stay the course, impose contracts, never threaten to strike and accept concessionary contracts from profitable companies.

Or we grow some balls and change leadership.

How can we possibly unite?
Why am I not shocked this would be your answer.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you don't say why you are proud of being a Teamster. would it have anything to do about making 2-3-4 times the minimum wage ? would it have to do with paid sick days, vacations , free or low cost health care? with it have anything to do with strong job security? how about the great pension you get after putting in the time instead of relying on social security like many Americans? proud that Teamsters before you spilt blood to give you these benefits?

how about the respect you receive when people know you are a Teamster???

so why are you proud.?

hyena

you don't say why you are proud of being a Teamster. would it have anything to do about making 2-3-4 times the minimum wage ? would it have to do with paid sick days, vacations , free or low cost health care? with it have anything to do with strong job security? how about the great pension you get after putting in the time instead of relying on social security like many Americans? proud that Teamsters before you spilt blood to give you these benefits?

so why are you proud.?
I'm proud knowing I'm part of something that's greater then just me. I'm a part of an organized labor Union that gets us better pay, paid vacations ,etc and I have have a lot of respect for the ones who came before me and fought for what I receive today.

Last edited:

hyena

so why are you proud.?
Are these the reasons your proud to be a Teamster? Or are you?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I got mine----that's all that matters to me.
obvious_troll.jpg

watdaflock?

especially how injured union members are treated by the company and looked out for by the union.

Does the type of injury count? At what point does the Union recognize when somebody has stayed past their worth?

The Union allows me to work for UPS but I sure do wonder where all of those monthly payments have gone.

Last edited: