Provident Funding Home loan ($1500 off)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Legitimyze, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

I was looking on the upsers website and under the discounts we recieve I saw this:

Provident Funding
    $1500 off new home loan
    Through the Provident Funding Mortgage Benefit ProgramTM, UPS employees may receive an exclusive discount of $1,500* or more to the price of new home loan, refinance or purchase! Call 1-888-547-4050, and reference discount code ***********. The Mortgage Benefit Program™ offers: • A new home loan in under 23 days • Savings of $1,500* or more • We won’t sell your mortgage

And I am actually in the process of looking at homes to buy. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them and if they are a good choice for a home loan.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You can find better deals than that online.
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

1500 off what? Closing costs vary widely between lenders. I highly suggest you go with a mortgage broker who will shop for you. They bring you offers and you can decide between banks, let them fight over your loan.
  4. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Look for a short sale, takes a little longer to go to settlement but you can save a lot.
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I would imagine if you compare costs with a local bank, it is going to still be more expensive. Even with the 'discount'.
  6. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Don't by Fannie Mae
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

Check with your union local to see if they provide free legal representation for your closing.
  8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

or at your local credit union or bank.
  9. Funfact

Are you a Veteran if so get a VA loan. You'll get better rates and it will be a lot easier to get approved if your close to your Debt to income mortgage number of 42%. Also you won't have to pay PMI and don't need to have down payment you can finance the whole amount.
  10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Move in with Mom and Dad or in laws. Save and dump cash down big time.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

I have a VA loan and I financed the purchase price and 3% origination fee.
  12. Funfact

I'm getting one once the soon to be ex buys the house from me.